Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  91
Page 5 of 7 First ... 34567 Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    oh oh. I have damaged my finger again and should stop crocheting... bad hook
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Larisa: Sorry to hear you hurt your finger, give it a couple of days to heal then start up again with another hook. Feel better.....Blessings. ..Isabelle

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Isabelle! Have a good day
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    You too, even though your day is almost over Correction, your Sunday is over. Have a good Monday.
    Last edited by Nanatwo; 01-12-2014 at 03:42 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I usually use an H hook. Depends on what I am doing, the H seems to work well. For children or infant, I tend to use an F or G hook. I tend to like Boye or Susan Bates hooks.

6. Likes Barbara G. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Well most of the time I crochet with a G hook. Reason is I tend to crochet bigger then I should. So if the pattern calls for a H, I use a G. Several years ago I was looking at the hooks and seemed to have more then I would need in a F. Seems like everytime I would buy a hook, it was an F. Go figure.
    Now i have Provo Craft hooks in a set F through K and a rug needle. So I don't have to look for a new hook anymore.
    Pat

8. Likes Barbara G., seashells_Shelly liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I use a variety of hooks except the smaller 7+ steel. Pulling #10 thread/string thru my fingers feels like fishing line anymore. Plus, Getting harder to see... My faves are a G thru I.

10. Likes Barbara G., seashells_Shelly liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    i am canadian and i use my 5.00 hook the most and i lose it all the time lol... i use a .7 hook for my string patterns... i have a new 5.00 bamboo hooks i'm using right now... i prefer my other hooks... ooops i lost it again... nettielou

12. Likes Barbara G., seashells_Shelly liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Since I mostly work with yarn and also tend to crochet very tightly, I use the larger hooks, rarely smaller than an F unless I'm using thread when I use a C or a D.

When knitting, I swatch and use whichever size ndl that gives me the right gauge.

14. Likes Barbara G. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Because I'm always trying to hurry and get my project done, I usually use I, J, or K. Larger yarn will call for even larger hooks (L, M, N, P).

16. Likes Barbara G. liked this post