Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  64
Page 5 of 6 First ... 3456 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Crocheting with thread

[ATTACH][ATTACH]Crochet & Knitting Goals for 2014: What's Yours?-1-19-18-gold-lucky-pennie-stars-jpg[/ATTACH][/ATTACH]
    I wanted to try crocheting with thread. I tried a snowflake pattern and was happy that it turned out. Also tried a gold star or "lucky star" with a penny in it for good luck turned out o.k. I think I will try a doilie next. I think I am going to make snowflakes for members of my family. Give the adults the large ones and the children the smaller ones. Also making the "lucky penny" for the kids. Kind of fun and quick work.
    Attached Images Attached Images Crochet & Knitting Goals for 2014: What's Yours?-1-19-14-snowflakes-1-jpg Crochet & Knitting Goals for 2014: What's Yours?-1-19-14-snowflakes-2-jpg 

2. Likes Barbara G., N/A liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    your snowflakes look very nice

Post Thanks / Like
    I need to figure out how to starch them yet to make them stiff. Any suggestions?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by little drummer View Post
    I need to figure out how to starch them yet to make them stiff. Any suggestions?
    How to Stiffen or Starch Crochet Articles | eHow

Blocking Starching Stiffening Crocheted Items Links For Stiffener Recipes

Post Thanks / Like
    Did some more work on the bedspread I am making. Also found two dress me dolls, still in their packaging, at a local thrift store. Have to decide what dresses to make for them.

7. Likes Barbara G. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    My goal for this year is to complete my unfinshed knitting and crochet projects from last year!LOL! Also, I wish to learn and accomplished new techniques in both knitting and crochet! As I see something that I like that I haven't tried before (I.E. Crocheting cables, broomstick lace), I write it on a list... I had learning to knit with DPNs on my list and I am now learning and practicing knitting with them. When I finish the shawl I am knitting with DPNs, I will choose a project and pattern and learn Broomstick Crochet... There is so much more for me to learn!

9. Likes Barbara G. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    My goal is to finish 2013 Christmas gifts and start the 2014 ones.. So far I am losing the battle!

11. Likes Barbara G., MeerKat liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Cut out and pinned together the Tinkerbell sewing project today. Found some stuffing I have on hand and once I start the sewing will see if there is enough. I have four pillows to do for my granddaughter and at least got started. Sewing is not one of my favourite hobbies but do enjoy it occasionally.

13. Likes Barbara G. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I didn't specifically set goals. I just want to do what I always do and that is to finish projects I've already started. I have 2 shawls to finish. I've also been asked to make a hat for my best friend. She liked the one I was wearing. And I have another person who wants me to make the crocodile stitch shawl for them using black and the camouflage multi-color from Red Heart. She has 2 sons in the military. Getting that shawl done will be my biggest project to do for the year. I want to do that in a 2-month period, if possible.

15. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    God Bless those Talented needles and Mind to follow thru with. Miss you & nice seeing you on CT. Your supose to be closer so we could have a Summer Hooker Fun Time??