Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  64
Page 4 of 6 First ... 23456 Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi CatLady Do you have a special Lapghan you do mostly or just DO As You Go ??? I have seen lots pf Patterns But thought maybe you had a Easy one ??? Happy Hooking Susan MJ

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Sweet Sue;112904]LI Roe, Sorry, only a sister. I knew that he was one of a kind when I snatched him up![/QUOTE]

Thanks, couldn't hurt to ask though. LOL. My late husband, while he wouldn't know what yarn to buy, was very supportive when it came to my crocheting. I could walk through the door with 100 skeins of yarn and all he asked was that it be stored neatly. He, like me, hated clutter in the basement, his mom was known for that. So I had a keeper too.

LI Roe

Post Thanks / Like

trained

Hey. Liroe-----he didn't come out of a box like that ---she had to train him. Ha ha

Post Thanks / Like
    I read where this women had a lot of small yarn balls hanging arround so she tied them all togeher and making her. An odd aftgan---i think it is a good idea to use up scraps. Have a good one bettybee

5. Likes Barbara G. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm going to learn how to knit. I'll definitely keep making dolls since they are a little extra income for me.

7. Likes Barbara G. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Susan, I do not have a favorite one to make. One I did was just a simple double crochet. Another one that I did do twice with different color palettes was a double crochet with a fan stitch of some kind. I will look for the pattern and may be able to put it on here. Sometimes I go to allfreecrocet.com to choose a different pattern. Right now I am working on one using six colors, making granny squares of five rounds. When I have a total of 42 blocks will set it up to crochet together using white yarn. Then will go around all of this with the white yarn for about seven rounds to tie it all together. Lots of work, but enjoy it very much!

Post Thanks / Like
    Found some lovely mauve yarn on sale at Mary Maxim on the weekend. My first trip ever to the Canadian store. Have to decide what to make with it. Also found a stuff and stitch character pillow kit of Tinkerbell. That sewing project will be for Christmas, so I am already getting ready for December.

10. Likes Barbara G. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bettybee10 View Post
    Hey. Liroe-----he didn't come out of a box like that ---she had to train him. Ha ha
    Thank you for the compliment, but his mom and grandma deserve most of the credit. Actually all it took on my part was a little gentle nudging toward the yarn, fabric, and notion departments.

Post Thanks / Like
    Being new to crocheting, my goal for 2014 is really just to learn different stitches and reading patterns. I'd also like to complete a gift for all of my family and friends by the end of the year so we will see!

13. Likes Barbara G. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, I'll share, Barbara.

I have a few projects lined up.

I'm currently working on the Palm Beach Shrug designed by Doris Wolf. Fantastic pattern, easy, with a pretty stitch pattern (all hdc's).I'm more than half done. Making it with Red Heart's The Pounder in buff. (Horrible worsted weight acrylic, which burns my fingers, but it's been in my stash for years.) I'll be making two more of them using Lion Brand's Pound of Love, which is the recommended yarn for the shrug.

My sister who is going to move from this paradise we live in, lol, to Ohio during this coming year and I've made some scarves and neck warmers for her and got the pattern lined up to make her boot cuffs.

I'm going to make some lightweight cotton tops using a cute pattern from Lily Sugar and Cream.

And the real biggie will be to take up my knitting needles again and make some garments that I can use the duplicate stitch on for designs on the garments.

And I've experienced brainstorms today...a couple of crochet projects (clothing) I've got the designs half-way figured out for; plus, a hat design which I'll share if and when I can successfully get it designed and made.

Hubby keeps walking by when I'm crocheting and saying "...stitch, stitch, stitch, 'midst poverty, hunger, and dirt...." but he also wants me to start incorporating my beadwork skills into the things I make. I have a stash of Swarovski Crystal beads that is larger than my yarn stash. So I have to think of that, too.

I think that's a large enough list for now and more ambitious than I should have planned. And my sewing machines and counted cross-stitch stuff will have to gather dust!
    Freedom is not the right to do as you please, but the liberty to do as you ought!

15. Likes Barbara G. liked this post