Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2

Threaded View

Post Thanks / Like

Question Trouble with making slippers large size 12 mens

Hello,

I have a pattern for slippers that I just love for women and child sizes - but I have some big men in my family that need a size 12 - the pattern calls for alterations for a size 12 but it really isn't much bigger than the ladies size 8/9 or so....All the pattern really called out for to change from a ladies to a mans is to increase the hook size by 1 size and add two more stitches. This did not do the trick. I tried to add rows and stitches on my own but it just isnt right yet so I thought I would drop in here and see what you guys think.

The pattern starts out with chain 2 and make 5 single crochets in the beginning chain - then make 3 single crochets in each of those 5 - now 15 scs.... ok, then 2 sc in first sc and 1 sc in each of the next 2 - repeat till back at beginning. 20 sc - OK - then next round is 2 sc in next sc and 1 sc in each of the next 3 sc - repeat till end. Now you have 25 sc.... still ok - from here you just do 14 rows of sc for a mans size or 12 sc for a womans size - (the two extra rows do not do much to change the overall size) so I tried to add 5 rows, but what happened is that where the top of your foot goes to your ankle - the slipper is tight there because your foot is wider there - so I have to not only add rows but increase stitches - ok, did that but then it is bell shaped from adding stitches only to the last five rows. so now I have to go back and add stitches as I go along I suppose to rows before the five extra I am adding.... ugggghhhh......

The ones I am talking about are in my avatar pic to the left.

LOL this is driving me crazy..... on I go to try again. any suggestions????
    Last edited by cvarr; 01-01-2014 at 04:20 AM. Reason: change stitch count