Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  12
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Knit n Spin update 2

I also now have a Knit n Spin double and Knit n Spin triple. The double is $30.00 plus postage and the triple is $40.00 plus postage. As of today I have 1 double available and 2 triples available. Depending on the response for the triple, it will be made as ordered. Thanks for checking these out. I love mine. As you can see, I am using my double with eyelash yarn and plain yarn to make a scarf and I love it as much as my single. Any questions, you can send a PM or let a visitor msg. HUGS, ShellyKnit n Spin update 2-updated-spinners-9-18-13-003-jpgKnit n Spin update 2-updated-spinners-9-18-13-004-jpgKnit n Spin update 2-updated-spinners-9-18-13-005-jpgKnit n Spin update 2-updated-spinners-9-18-13-001-jpgKnit n Spin update 2-updated-spinners-9-18-13-002-jpg To get a closer look, just click on a pic and you'll see a larger pic
    The story of The Passion of Christ in one flower....

2. Likes amanda, feather47 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    You are keeping your brother (brother in law) busy! These are awesome! I want to get one of the single ones eventually! You really need to patton those and somewhere on the internet there is a place that will look at your idea or your creation and make it your business try inventions,com! Seriously you have a great invention! LOVE YOUR FRIEND MANDA!

4. Likes seashells_Shelly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    My brother invented the Knit n Spin from my idea of using a lazy susan and a plastic container. His invention is so much better than my idea. He is really great and I've always looked up to him, he's my oldest brother (the oldest of 5 of us kids). I have started a yarn working mission at church. Once a month our church gives free groceries and a hot breakfast to anyone who comes. I signed up to be one of the people who walk around and gab (since that is what I do best). Once of the ladies asked me if I knitted. I told her I did but that I was new at it and was much more knowledgable about crochet. Long story short, she asked if I could help her with a problem she was having getting a project started. While I was talking to her to help her, at least 3 more women came up and asked questions. I helped as best I could. The next month, they all asked if I could start a group. I talked to my pastor and tomorrow evening will be our second get together. Amazing how the Lord puts you just where he wants you. HUGS, Shelly

6. Likes amanda, N/A liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Shelly! That is awesome how you helped 1 lady then now you have a whole group of people! That is such a great feeling you get from helping others! LOVE YOUR FRIEND MANDA!

8. Likes N/A, seashells_Shelly liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Shelly--remember the old song "Brighten the corner where you are." That's what you are doing. God wants to use all of our gifts, talents and availability and it looks like He wants you to bless others via yarn work. Have fun!

10. Likes amanda, N/A, seashells_Shelly liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    How does the knit and spin work for skeins

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi feather. If you look at the pics, you can see the yarn is wound around the foam spinner instead of winding yarn into a ball. The foam spinner lets the yarn comes off as you use it so you don't have to keep pulling yarn from a ball or skein. The Knit n Spin stays put and the foam spinner is the only moving part so your yarn stays where you put the knit n spin. My brother from SC stopped in today (he comes to PA for his job when he has to help out a truss company up this way). He dropped off 6 knit n spin doubles. Now I just have to finish them. I always wind a skein of yarn around the foam spinner and then start my project. The yarn comes off the spinner as I work so I just keep crocheting and the yarn doesn't run away or tangle or anything. I know it can be a hard thing to understand because it's something my brother invented and I've never seen anything like it before. I just love mine. The only thing that I've made a modification for is one of the women here on CT uses the one pound skeins using the yarn from the outside. I came up with a way for her to use a knit n spin for the pound skein. She was very happy with hers. I hope I've given you at least some help with your question. I don't have any way to make a video to show it in use so I try to explain as best I can. If you have any other questions, just ask and I'll do my best to answer Have a great day. HUGS, Shelly

13. Likes amanda liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    All those wondering how to get yarn on spinners ......Its like making a ball NO OTHER WAY....Better then stopping and untangling knots?? I Slip the skein over a foam piece and wrap loose end around another foam and Bang You have a Ball on a foam piece. Dont have to stop to pull-yarn up or untangle. bought single and now just bought myself a double. So Ill use single for wrapping & set it on Double Spinner. It is a nice piece of wood and firm foam. I gave one to a neighbor who made 2 little girls a scarf. and it saved a lot of time. You can spend double for a winder you turn and it winds yarn as you turn BUT isnt that the same just cost more money and to pay extra for exspensive items if needed. Try one from Shelly or a Great Xmas Gift With a skein of Yarn WOW I think its a cool idea. Check #1 out here for Pics & prices. Hugs Susan M J Thanks Shelly

15. Likes seashells_Shelly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    My brother was in PA 2 days ago and delivered 7 doubles. Right now I have 6 singles, 6 doubles and 2 triples available. I am signed up for a craft show on Nov. 30. I have been getting more interest locally about the Knit n Spin. I asked my brother to make more singles when he gets a chance as I don't want to run out since there seems to be a lot of interest for the Knit n Spin as Christmas presents.
    Thanks for the positive comments, Susan
    HUGS, Shelly

17. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nov. 30 th WOW its getting close. is it at your Church?? I wish the Best of Luck to you. What kind of things are you having??
    Spinners should sell such a nice Gift. Did a nice job on them You & Wayne are good together. Take Care Susan M J

19. Likes seashells_Shelly liked this post