Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3

Thread: pattern stich

Post Thanks / Like

pattern stich

Hello I have a question I have this pattern I want to start on but it has this stich that has 2tog that has me puzzled so can someone help me on this thanks wenda

Post Thanks / Like
    it means two together ... a decrease

3. Likes N/A liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    You work the first of the two stitches through to the last YO, then start the second stitch work it as normal then YO pulling through the last 3 loops on the hook, like you would do when making a decrease.

Happy stitching Wenda, hope I explained it so you understand it better, it's always easier for me to show things rather then put them into words.

Judi G

PS I just was looking through the post Crochey Cloths a couple posts down from yours and there are a lot of crochet stitches used in the clothing items that could be made into a nice table cloth, check them out.
    Last edited by Judi Gums; 07-29-2013 at 05:56 AM.

5. Likes Grandma Darlene liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Wenda have yiu checked out videos some have stitches of many kind showing you...click into Videos?? Susan M J

7. Likes amanda liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Wendy , you just two together nether Montessori likewise I hope this helps you if not write me back and tell me a little more about the pattern

Post Thanks / Like
    You tube is the place to go to learn all the ins and outs of crochet, all kinds of tutorials. love Carol

10. Likes N/A liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    wenda, the stitch 2tg means place 2 stitches in the same stitch.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by wenda View Post
    Hello I have a question I have this pattern I want to start on but it has this stich that has 2tog that has me puzzled so can someone help me on this thanks wenda
    uTube is the best resource for actually SEEING how a particular stitch is done. I strongly recommend you watch a video of the 2tog there. It will probably end all of your puzzle.
    You might also want to check out "New Stitch A Day" for their excellent tutorials on various stitches. U have to join, but it's well worth it.

13. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Video's are great and a lot to choose from. Take a look. LOL Susan M J

Post Thanks / Like
    Without knowing the stitch, it would be hard to guide you through it. It is used to make a decrease in your number of stitches, most commonly with the double crochet. The videos from New Stitch A Day website are usually trustworthy. Good luck!

16. Likes DinahRoberts liked this post