Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  43
Page 3 of 3 First 123

Thread: stitch marker

Post Thanks / Like
    I didn't know they made safty pins with no spiral. Thanks for sharing this info.
    Quote Originally Posted by soulangela2j View Post
    I use the safety pins you can get at Hobby Lobby that does not have the spiral at the end so my yarn/thread doesn't get tangled up in it. You can buy them in bulk packs which really comes in handy for projects when you have to mark several spots at a time.
    Angel

Post Thanks / Like
    I have done this for years. The stick pins are the best thing I have found for 'pinning' pieces together.
    Quote Originally Posted by WENDY1588 View Post
    How about this....I have been using the same stick pins from my hair roller days back in early 1960's
    to pin all my knitting and crochet projects for matching the pieces that need to be woven to finish my project......

Post Thanks / Like
    I use clothes pins for holding bags of frozen food together and bags of opened chips, ect.
    Quote Originally Posted by lnichols8 View Post
    I've used bread wrapper twist-ties for that, too -- as well as a host of other uses. (Tying partially-used bags of frozen veggies is a big one for me.)

Post Thanks / Like
    My plastic markers are all breaking! And they are only 20 years old! lol

5. Likes little drummer, lnichols8 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by soulangela2j View Post
    I use the safety pins you can get at Hobby Lobby that does not have the spiral at the end so my yarn/thread doesn't get tangled up in it. You can buy them in bulk packs which really comes in handy for projects when you have to mark several spots at a time.
    Angel

I, too, use the safety pins without the coils. They are great! They come in a couple of different sizes so it is nice to be able to pick the smaller size for smaller projects and the larger pins for things like afghans, etc. The yarn does not get tangled and they never slip out of position because they are closed - like a regular safety pin. Love 'em.

Post Thanks / Like
    I got some safety pins without the loop as stitch markers and then I got the ones I really liked on ebay.... I think I got 150 for like $3

Tennessee, between Nashville and Knoxville
    Post Thanks / Like

Stitch Marker

I love them too, but I need something a little more colorful so that I see them easier. I have to admit, I am absolutely facinated by these safety pin markers. Is it not fantastic what someone can do with something so familiar to all of us?

Post Thanks / Like
    I am making a baby sweater and need 4 stitch markers. I used the bobby pin idea....LOVE IT! It worked even better than using bits of yarn. Thanks so much for sharing that idea! (: