Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  8
Page 3 of 3 First 123

Post Thanks / Like
    WOW! just Wow! That is a beautiful afghan. I am not a sports fan, of any kind, but sure do admire beautiful work. I have made a few picture afghans, my designs, full size. One was a Pittsburgh Steelers one for my youngest son. He has been a big fan for over 40 years. He uses it, in the winter, watching football. He was so proud and happy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lissacc View Post
    WOW! just Wow! That is a beautiful afghan. I am not a sports fan, of any kind, but sure do admire beautiful work. I have made a few picture afghans, my designs, full size. One was a Pittsburgh Steelers one for my youngest son. He has been a big fan for over 40 years. He uses it, in the winter, watching football. He was so proud and happy.
    Thank you Lisa, I love knowing those kind of gifts will be around forever.

Post Thanks / Like
    On the pattern you say to read right to left, then left to right. Do you start at the top of pattern or the bottom? The numbers are highest at the bottom so that was why I am confused. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by emi View Post
    On the pattern you say to read right to left, then left to right. Do you start at the top of pattern or the bottom? The numbers are highest at the bottom so that was why I am confused. Thanks!
    I started my afghan at the bottom right hand corner and worked my way up.
    The numbers are grouped by ten for easy counting of rows.
    I suggest you put a stitch marker every ten rows too.
    Does this help? If not let me know and I'll try to help.

Post Thanks / Like
    That is what I planned to do but just wanted to make sure. Thanks for clearing it up!

Post Thanks / Like
    You start with a chain, so when you go back on the chain, you will be going left to right. This is quite an intricate pattern, so with it, I would go with the way the numbers for the rows indicate, top to bottom. Starting at the top, following the graph. Sometimes the direction the stitch is placed will change the detail a bit. NOTICE it says to chain one extra stitch than the graph, that's for turning. The number of stitches in each row will be the same, you just change colors when noted in the graph. It is a beautifully charted pattern, good luck if you give it a try. Opps, I just saw the author of the pattern reply, which was to start from the bottom. I always started mine from the bottom, also, but thought she has a reason for starting at the top.
    Last edited by Lissacc; 02-13-2018 at 02:23 PM.