Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  15
Page 3 of 5 First 12345 Last

Post Thanks / Like
    Mrs. P, you've got talent and energy. WOW!
    ---HarriEtta

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Honey.
    It was a challenge but so worth it to see the face of the family member who received it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Jean Marie. I have made another one for a friend's son. It's been awesome being able to crochet again. I really like making these picture afghans. I made a gorgeous butterfly that I got the pattern from crochet today. And have made lots of character baby blankets. It keeps me busy now that I have an empty nest.

Post Thanks / Like
    Do you have the written pattern avaliable?

Post Thanks / Like
    Gorgeousness! ! My brother would love this!! Thanks for sharing!! I'm new to graphghan in n this would make my brot H er so happy!!

6. Likes Dorell liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    So, I've crocheted for around 30 years, but I've never done ANYTHING like this. Do you carry your different colors along the row with you and crochet over them or do you add the new color in every time?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tstandridge View Post
    So, I've crocheted for around 30 years, but I've never done ANYTHING like this. Do you carry your different colors along the row with you and crochet over them or do you add the new color in every time?
    If I'm only crossing over a few stitches I would carry the color and crochet over it
    but I found it easier to roll up several little balls of each color then just hide all the tails.
    Because I covered the backside with fleece I didn't have to worry so much about hiding the tails completely.

Post Thanks / Like

Amazing job &question

Wow, amazing pattern and job! I'd love to make this for my boyfriend who is a Marine Veteran. It's perfect, exactly what I was looking for! I am newer to color changing and big patterns so I was wondering if there is a way to shrink the pattern to a throw pillow size..and if so how do I do that

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    I have this Marine Corp pattern I made for my son in law,
    it's a more intricate design and it's really huge,
    the size of a full size bed.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cha08 View Post
    Wow, amazing pattern and job! I'd love to make this for my boyfriend who is a Marine Veteran. It's perfect, exactly what I was looking for! I am newer to color changing and big patterns so I was wondering if there is a way to shrink the pattern to a throw pillow size..and if so how do I do that

Thanks!
    Thank you for the nice compliment.
    You can make this any size, it was done following a color chart.
    However..to make it the size of a pilllow you would have to make your stitches very tiny like embroidery.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    Thank you for the nice compliment.
    You can make this any size, it was done following a color chart.
    However..to make it the size of a pilllow you would have to make your stitches very tiny like embroidery.
    You're welcome! Thank you for the quick response & information. I forgot to ask how do you read the pattern I've never worked with one like this before, is there a link or something so I can learn what to do?

Thank you for your time!