Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  136
Page 2 of 9 First 1234 ... Last

Post Thanks / Like
    Grams, I am a leftee too. I learned to crochet when I was 8 Years old. The lady that taught me told me to look at the directions then do as it told me. Like make a chain of 5. Slip stitch into first chain. There isn' t any right or left to it. Granted it will look different to someone that's right handed and they can't pick up your work and continue on crocheting. But you can't pick up their's either.
    My sis and I would work out patterns over the phone. I would have maybe 10 stitches going right and she would have her's going left. But they were the same stitch. We did a lot of small angels. I haven't seen directions for a finished thing ,only directions to teach left handed people to start crocheting. The only problem I have had ,I tried to teach a 71 year old woman that's is right handed. My left handleing of the hook didn't help in that case. She finally gave up on me. If you find any , Please let me know. I am curious to know how they read. Texas.

Post Thanks / Like
    I love this top! Very retro funky, just my style LOL. I might just have to make one. Who cares if I'm going to be 50 in a few weeks? I can wear whatever I want.

I honestly don't care what anyone thinks about me anymore. It feels so much better to be living my life to my own beat instead of always striving to be someone I'm not. That was a miserable existence. My family has always been so judgmental of me, constantly telling me all the things I "should" do, I'm never perfect enough for them, blah blah blah. Yes I know they love me and a lot of times they mean well. Even so, most of the time they're trying to conform me into someone they want me to be.

Thanks for sharing this!

Shelley

3. Likes amanda, rosieh20 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pixie you have my mind set. I just turned 58 last week and my hair is hip length and parted in the middle. I am a vegan now for 21 years, that didn't go over too well with my very Italian family. I homeschooled all 3 of my kids and they all went to college, well 1 is just finishing her 4th semester. Like the song says ...."make your own kind of music, sing your own special song" Isadora Duncan once said, "don't let them tame you" ....I so agree :-)
    Last edited by Teri; 03-03-2013 at 11:12 AM.
    Dance is the hidden language of the soul

http://otsegodance.com

Post Thanks / Like
    @Teri - Sounds like you and I are soul-sisters. I've been divorced almost 20 years, both of my boys are away at college, oldest is a senior at Auburn University he'll graduate this year with a degree in economics. They're happy young men who love their momma. I pat myself on the back for raising them completely on my own, with no help from anyone.

When my brother died a year ago, my eyes were finally open. I discovered that so many things just don't matter. I got my hair cut into a style I don't have to spend a lot of time on. A lot of times I go out in public without any make up and no one even notices. Now I only wear clothes that make me happy and comfortable. I don't care about the current fashions that I used to spend so much money on. No more pantyhose, I threw them in the trash. I quit wearing contact lenses, now I wear my big funky glasses, and I get compliments on them. When I'm home, I'm in sweats or my PJs. If I'm having a "hot day" from hot flashes, I wear sandals in the winter. I celebrate my new body - I gained 30 pounds and I love my sexy curves, no more anorexia and bulimia always striving for perfection. I'm a new self-proclaimed "hippie chick" and I feel wonderful!!!

I downloaded the pattern for this beautiful, very quirky renaissance tunic. I'm going to pick out pretty colors so I can make one too.

xoxo
    Shelley

Post Thanks / Like
    I am 60 and nothing is going to hold me back. I got tired of dyeing my hair. It is now a beautiful white. I refuse to grow up. Life is too short to hold back. I don't care what others think and yes, I too have gone out without makeup. I am going to college for Health Information Technology. People have asked why at my age. I tell them because I can!! Pixie, you sound like me! Too funny. I love my jammies and my sweats.

Post Thanks / Like
    Pixie...all I can say is "YOU GO GIRL" keep up the good work...yes we do sound like soul sisters...so happy to have met you ...I have not worn make up (unless going on stage; I am a dance teacher and you do need stage makeup) and I wear glasses also. I am also in sweats at home and jeans else wear (except at the studio where I wear leotards, tights and a ballet skirt) I conquered those two eating evils by the time I was 21, thank you God. Those 2 evils are always prevalent in the dance profession. ....See we are so much the same! WOW. I am past the "hot flashes" stage though...hahaha...with my hair loose and a t shirt and jeans I am all me!

Keep in touch ...I am starting my renaissance tunic tomorrow!

8. Likes amanda liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thatwoman...I haven't dyed my hair since I was 35...so mine is salt and pepper all the way down to my hips! I don't want to grow up either....It is so relaxing not to be "high maintenance" isn't it? Are you going to give the Renaissance tunic a shot too?

10. Likes amanda liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Rosie, I've had this pattern in my favs. for ages and I KNOW I'm going to make it for myself one of these days. Like you, I love it!

12. Likes amanda, Teri liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes I am going to make the tunic. I have had it in my patterns to do for quite some time. I guess it is about time I give it a shot. We can all compare our work!

14. Likes amanda, Teri liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I love working on the same pattern together :-). Like we did last month with the romantic ruffle scarf. That was fun. And then we posted how far along we were . posting pictures of our finished work too. So everybody who is working on this pattern, let us know how you are doing. I will be starting tomorrow.

16. Likes amanda liked this post