Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  12
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Post Thanks / Like
    O K< Ladies. How do you bookmark something so you can find it later and easy? From an Old Woman!

Post Thanks / Like

Three Ps of Bullion Stitches

The first thing you need to create a bullion sticth is Patience, followed by Practice.

Create a practice piece of crochet us dc and work up a few rows, so you have some cloth to grip.

If the directions say wrap the yarn about the hook 8 times, try only 3 and pull through. Undo and do 4 loops and complete. Again, with 5 loops on the hook. Work you way up to the number of loops specified in the directions. Repeat this exercise until you can pull the hook smoothly throuh the loops. As soon as you get a "feel" for the stitch, you'll know you've mastered it.

It can be really frustrating try pull the hook through 6 or 8 loops. Anyone who has tried to create a stitich larger that tr knows what I mean.

Patience and practice will result in a perfect bullion stitch.

Post Thanks / Like
    I had found the same video as spolnthmbl, but she posted it first.

Post Thanks / Like
    Me thinks that practice makes perfect.... She's probably done it a million times and makes it look easy....i also think one would have to keep the yarn/thread taunt in order for this to work...good luck and remember it'll get easier the more you do it!!