Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  20
Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last

Post Thanks / Like

St. Petersburg Coat

I really like this coat but geewhiz why cant they make the sizes larger. And why did they alway have to use such skinny, tiny modles I haven't looked like that since High Scool. I wonder if it can be made larger.
    NaturallyCaron.com :: St. Petersburg Coat

2. Likes cybarra, janie mae, missro007, Judible liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Love this coat! It is reallly pretty. You would have to find your repeating stitches and go from there. I'm far from an expert but I know there will be someone who can tell you how to do it. There are so many talented people on this forum who are willing to share their expertise.
    Barby Sue
    Be who you are and say what you mean

Post Thanks / Like
    Crochetgal is a good with helping in this area. You could send her a private message if you do not get a response on the thread.

Post Thanks / Like
    Good question. I'm in some groups with kim guzman, and she says when they're asked to design something a lot of times whoever asks, chooses the yarn,.color, and sizes. That doesn't mean she doesn't have a larger size, they may only chose to print 3 sizes. I like the cost too. If u get the pattern, I would email kim and ask her if she has instructions for larger size. If not, u can do it itself. Might take some figuring, but u could do it.

6. Likes janie mae liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    If someone else can help u great. I have the ”formula” to do this,.but so far I tend to just wing it although I've decided to stop doing that lol. Not the best way to get good results. Anyway, Marly has am excellent class on plus size clothes on ” craftsy”. Its one of those u can always go on and ask questions. I took it, and u learn the math formulas so u can make things for ur body type. How I wish I got addicted to crocheting years ago, when I was still skinny!

8. Likes LisaPate liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry, I was on my phone. It's Marly Bird that chas that class.

10. Likes LisaPate liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's a really pretty pattern!

The large size fits a 42" bust with an N (9mm) hook so depending on how much bigger you would want it, I'd suggest that you do a gauge swatch to start. Depending on how much larger you want it to be you can do one of the following
    1) use a heavier yarn
    2) use a larger hook

If you need to really 'upsize' the pattern then I'd suggest you spend the time and do the math to work out all the formulae to make the appropriate increases for your measurements.

I do rewrite patterns for people but I charge for it, simply because of the length of time it takes.
    Crochetgal on Etsy - Beautiful yarns, affordable prices

12. Likes LisaPate, janie mae, crochet*away liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Crochetgal. I have a question. If you use a smaller yarn than the pattern calls for, if you want to still get the same size, do you need to go up a hook. I know this is general, so what ever you know. And you would need more yarn then.

Post Thanks / Like
    Crochetgal
    When you say to do the math I was wondering do I look at the increses for the previous sized and increase accordingly until I get to the size that I need. I have fibromyalgia and need to have my clothing fit loosly.

Quote Originally Posted by crochetgal View Post
    That's a really pretty pattern!

The large size fits a 42" bust with an N (9mm) hook so depending on how much bigger you would want it, I'd suggest that you do a gauge swatch to start. Depending on how much larger you want it to be you can do one of the following
    1) use a heavier yarn
    2) use a larger hook

If you need to really 'upsize' the pattern then I'd suggest you spend the time and do the math to work out all the formulae to make the appropriate increases for your measurements.

I do rewrite patterns for people but I charge for it, simply because of the length of time it takes.

15. Likes janie mae liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you so much I will have to look it up and see what I can do.

Quote Originally Posted by Joyannerose View Post
    If someone else can help u great. I have the ”formula” to do this,.but so far I tend to just wing it although I've decided to stop doing that lol. Not the best way to get good results. Anyway, Marly has am excellent class on plus size clothes on ” craftsy”. Its one of those u can always go on and ask questions. I took it, and u learn the math formulas so u can make things for ur body type. How I wish I got addicted to crocheting years ago, when I was still skinny!