Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  20
Page 4 of 5 First ... 2345 Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't want to change Lisa's Topic so I will message you.
    Lin

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow this more than helps. You have a lot of great ideas. It is a shame I cant gather you up the next time I venture out to go shopping.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joyannerose View Post
    Lin, I feel so bad for you. those bone growth shots are probably painful as well. I don't mean the shot as much as how the drug works.

Lisa Pete, I'm so sorry you have so much pain. I actually can relate to you both as I have multiple problems.

About clothes, I keep trying to listen to the advice designers give about good fit for body types. Like less material is good, cause extra material just makes you look bulkier. And if you do learn how to adjust patterns, by making them loose, but still having a shape to them that fits your body, that should really help. ie. look at the beautifuly, intricate, delicate work that went into crocheting4u65's wedding dress for her granddaughter. It looks so comfortable. It fits her perfectly, and compliments her figure. That's the best u could ask for. I heard a suggestion too that helped. Try on some thing that you like, but wouldn'[t think they'd look good on you. Maybe a day that you took a friend to help. And maybe it's only sweaters. But it does help you get an idea of what will work for you. I tried it and was surprised. Also, if making clothes for yourself, don't use anything over worsted weight, and under would really keep from adding additional bulk. But you could still get comfort and warmth. Or add a comfy crocheted belt in the right spot to empasize your waist and maybe allow more of a loose fit at your hips. A small print is better than a big print. And all black can just look like a big blob if you can't see any definition. Flesh matching shoes gives you the illusion of longer legs. I you want stripes, they need to be placed strategically. You get the idea. We need designers that will incorporate these ideas in their patterns, and not just size it for larger women and think it will look good and fit right. You can use "google" to find other tips. Hope this helps.

Post Thanks / Like
    My goodnes Lin you have been run through the mill. I had a similar not as sever thing with my broken foot that took them 2 months to figure out was broken but your back. The pain you must be gone through and still are. I have bulding dis in my neck and middle back so I can relate on a small scale. It kind of makes it hard to put your trust back in the doctors though.

Lisa

4. Likes Lin liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    LisaPate, No problem. I would go shopping with you, but I'm in PA. Is Mesquite, Texas anywhere near Houston? My son just moved near there and I miss him. But now he's with his girlfriend and her son, so that's a plus.

Post Thanks / Like
    The worst is that being told for so long nothing was wrong, I tried to push through the pain and do things that could have paralyzed me and if they would have done the right thing from the beginning they could have maybe braced me so my spine and could be straight and started me on something to heal back then 'cause it's been two years and I'm still not healing even with the shots and other bone meds.
    Lin

Post Thanks / Like
    I live right up next to Dallas, Huston is about a 3 or 4 hour drive from here. That must be hard to have him move so far away. All of ours are still close by and sadly with no girl friends in the pictures. At least you know your son is not alone down here. That is a good thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joyannerose View Post
    LisaPate, No problem. I would go shopping with you, but I'm in PA. Is Mesquite, Texas anywhere near Houston? My son just moved near there and I miss him. But now he's with his girlfriend and her son, so that's a plus.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think Joyannerose is right you really should consult and lawyer and seek some second even third opinions. I know it will cost you more money do that but you are dealing with the nerves in your back and spinal cord. They may think they know it all but they really don't as far as I am concerned and the more information that you can get the better off you will be in the long run. I cringe just thinking about all you have been through this last year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lin View Post
    The worst is that being told for so long nothing was wrong, I tried to push through the pain and do things that could have paralyzed me and if they would have done the right thing from the beginning they could have maybe braced me so my spine and could be straight and started me on something to heal back then 'cause it's been two years and I'm still not healing even with the shots and other bone meds.

Post Thanks / Like
    I want to call a lawyer. I always think about it but I think it's to late, It was almost a year when I found out, it's been over two years now and I do see three different doctors now.
    Quote Originally Posted by LisaPate View Post
    I think Joyannerose is right you really should consult and lawyer and seek some second even third opinions. I know it will cost you more money do that but you are dealing with the nerves in your back and spinal cord. They may think they know it all but they really don't as far as I am concerned and the more information that you can get the better off you will be in the long run. I cringe just thinking about all you have been through this last year.
    Lin

Post Thanks / Like
    Go ahead and call at least you will know for sure if you can do something. It would take the doubt out. You are in my prayers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lin View Post
    I want to call a lawyer. I always think about it but I think it's to late, It was almost a year when I found out, it's been over two years now and I do see three different doctors now.

Post Thanks / Like
    You're right, I need you and Joyannerose to be my neighbors because I have always needed someone to push me into doing what is right. If nothing else I just want that first hospital doctor to never be able to work with people again. Thank you Lisa.
    Quote Originally Posted by LisaPate View Post
    Go ahead and call at least you will know for sure if you can do something. It would take the doubt out. You are in my prayers.
    Lin

12. Likes LisaPate liked this post