Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  7
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree Faye, I have met some great people, you and Landon included One thing I learned is the Russian Join now I don't know how I lived without it. I use is all the time to join two pieces of yarn together without having to tie a knot and it stays put. It takes a little getting use to but it is worth it.
    Barby Sue
    Be who you are and say what you mean

2. Likes Landon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Isn't that Russian Join the coolest?? I just realized that I was working on sc, not dc that Crochetdreamz has posted, LOLOL

Post Thanks / Like
    Now you guys make me feel bad!! I have tried to do the Russian join and I can not get it to work. When I try to pull the needle through the yarn it sticks and will not go through. Any ideas? I am using the double knot and it does make a knot but if you pull it tight enough it isn't too bad.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am glad to know you like using the Russian join. I have tried it once or twice, but I haven't got it down that well yet. Maybe I'll give it a try again.
    Thanks for sharing that.
    Judi G

Quote Originally Posted by BarbySue View Post
    I agree Faye, I have met some great people, you and Landon included One thing I learned is the Russian Join now I don't know how I lived without it. I use is all the time to join two pieces of yarn together without having to tie a knot and it stays put. It takes a little getting use to but it is worth it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sometimes I have to work the yarn down over the needle a little bit before the needle will go through it. It does take some work especially if you are working with thicker yarn and if your needle has a bigger eye it doesn't like to go through. You kind of have to coax it through.

Quote Originally Posted by twinfaye View Post
    Now you guys make me feel bad!! I have tried to do the Russian join and I can not get it to work. When I try to pull the needle through the yarn it sticks and will not go through. Any ideas? I am using the double knot and it does make a knot but if you pull it tight enough it isn't too bad.
    Barby Sue
    Be who you are and say what you mean

Post Thanks / Like
    I'll try again ya'll are inspirational!

Post Thanks / Like
    I too have had trouble learning the Russian join, but I never use knots, I put the new yarn over top of the old and pull up both threads, ch 1 and then I pull the stragglers tight pulling the loop with both loops into the middle of the stitch, the ch 1 replaces the double loop with the new color, and I continue the pattern.

I will have to work on the Russian join as I sure could have used it over the weekend.

Judi G

Quote Originally Posted by twinfaye View Post

Post Thanks / Like
    I HATE tails so I will do anything to not have to weave tails in. The knots are really small and I have been able to hide them mostly. I will learn that join if it kills me!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks BarbySue for the tip on the needle size. That may have been my problem. I remember doing it a year or so ago and I didn't have so much trouble, but I may have a larger needle now. I'll try it again.

Judi G

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, I think I might be using a needle with a too large eye. I'm going to try again.