Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  7
Page 5 of 5 First ... 345

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for info,,checked it out will probably order from there when I need crochet cotton

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Heads Up!!!!

Walmart has rolled back prices on all of their 5 oz skeins of Redheart yarn AND Walmart has many clearance yarns right now. In the Atlanta area 5oz Redheart skeins were going for $2.77 but the prices have dropped to $2.49. Clearance Redheart has gone down to $1.50 - 2.00 a skein. Claron soft yarn clearance has dropped down to $2.00-$2.50 a skein.

I have hit all the Walmarts in the Roswell, Marietta, Alpharetta, Cumming, Sandy Springs, Georgia Walmarts and have made out like a bandit. Also if you do embroidery some Walmarts that carry DMC floss have cleared them out to $.10 a piece. I bought 200 of them in different colors.

Good Hunting
    Last edited by thebiggirl_1; 10-18-2012 at 05:19 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the info . Guess what I'll be doing this weekend?

Post Thanks / Like
    Ooh, lots of good info. I'm saving these. I like Herrschners too. I don't think I ever pay for shipping there. I also just got a notice from Michaels that you can "Buy the Bunch". It says you can order and pick up at the store. I didn't really read it all, just thought I'd mention it. And I have a room full of yarn, so I need to stay away from all these sites. (I say that as I'm waiting for an order now, and one came yesterday). SHHH......

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm with both you and Barby Sue. I'm obsessed with yarn and patterns. It takes me forever to decide what I want to do. And invariably, the pattern I like I don't have the yarn for, so you know what happens next!

And I am dying to yarn bomb something. I'm trying to find people in my area that crochet. When I do, that is definitely going to be on my list! I love your flowers idea. I've also seen huge flowers attached to construction fences. I'd love to yarn bomb the fence by the train tracks up the street from me.

Post Thanks / Like
    You do have lots of wonderful info. I did loose a ton of patterns: new computer, got them transferred, and hubby deleted them cause they got on his computer. Which deleted them from mine! (I had to get an icon for that)

Since then I bought a separate back up thing. Well I guess I can't remember what it's called cuz I haven't done it in so long. But storing them in your email folders is a good idea. I used to print them all, but it's much harder to go through them.

Post Thanks / Like
    I use Carbonite to backup my computer, and I love it, but I also put all my patterens and "how to" instructions on a flash drive, just in case.

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know what I did, but I posted this AM, and don't see the post. Anyway, I wanted to share another site with you. I will warn you, it's a little confusing. You definitely have to read how to use it. But the owner, Jean Jezior will help you. She doesn't keep stock per say, but sends in orders 2x a month. And can pretty much order any yarn. She does have albums that show you prices of tons of yarn that she orders often. ie. Her Caron Simply Soft Light is only 2.35 for 330 yards. Best price I've seen for it. However, shipping is a factor. I've only ordered from her 2x so far, but I found if you order more, it tends to get cheaper. (Like most places). I just got some other yarn at about 3.00 off reg. price. Shipping for 4 skeins would have been a little over 5.oo., so I took 8, and it was 7.39. So I add that in and it was still a good deal. Plus you get to order free items with your order. I got a spa washcloth free.

The site is: RA_Yarnsandmore@yahoogroups.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for sharing. I will try it.