Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  7
Page 3 of 5 First 12345 Last

Post Thanks / Like
    I didn't know the site was a surprise to people. I came across the site about a month or two ago. The prices are excellent. They actually beat Walmart prices! The down side is the shipping and handling is very high which completely wipes out the discount. They did have a promotion recently that if you bought $100 worth of stuff you would get free shipping but $100 is too high for me.

Post Thanks / Like
    100 is too much for me too... so I'll just shop at my local stores. Thanks for the site link.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for sharing Lynn. I went on site to see about a carry case, and the shipping was as much as the case. It seems to be a great place to look and see what you actually want, but I guess I'll wait till shipping is free, or Hobby Lobby here I come.

Post Thanks / Like
    Adairdm, what kind of carrying case? Do you know the name of the manufacturer? Google it. Sometimes you get lucky and get a hit on the first page. I don't think I've ever looked at more than three Google search pages, too much information (TMI) to sift thru.

Yep, I agree with the shipping comment. I should have looked more closely before posting the site.

Post Thanks / Like
    barbless, thanks so much for the pattern and yarn sites! I knew of a couple of the sites but you really gave me a lot of info to ponder through. Thanks so much for posting. I am finding I am not so much a yarn stasher but a pattern horder. I save them on my laptop and ponder over which one to make next and page through them over and over until I make my mind up. I just LOVE patterns! Then I buy just enough yarn to make that project then I move on to the next project. I know, I'm backward from most.
    Barby Sue
    Be who you are and say what you mean

Post Thanks / Like
    BarbySue, we should live next door to each other. I buy the yarn with only a general idea of what I want to make and then look for a pattern or a stitch I want to use and go from there. So I have a serious stash problem. You could come to my house and pick out your yarn (careful! that big pile of boucle by the front door is about to topple!) and I could show up at your door with my arms full of yarn saying "what can I make with this???!!!"

I am seriously thinking about doing one of those "yarn bombs" with the bits and pieces of leftover yarn I have. I haven't found a suitable thing to cover yet. If I could, I would like to do something sort of surprising and whimsical, like planting a bunch of crochet flowers around a bend on a path in the park.

Post Thanks / Like
    Patt, that has happened to me before as well. I was forced to go the net for the last skein of yarn and paid dearly for it. I know buy 2 extra skeins for each project. I have "left overs" but I know I have enough for my project, and there's always another something I can use the extra for.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by barbless View Post
    BarbySue, we should live next door to each other. I buy the yarn with only a general idea of what I want to make and then look for a pattern or a stitch I want to use and go from there. So I have a serious stash problem. You could come to my house and pick out your yarn (careful! that big pile of boucle by the front door is about to topple!) and I could show up at your door with my arms full of yarn saying "what can I make with this???!!!"

I am seriously thinking about doing one of those "yarn bombs" with the bits and pieces of leftover yarn I have. I haven't found a suitable thing to cover yet. If I could, I would like to do something sort of surprising and whimsical, like planting a bunch of crochet flowers around a bend on a path in the park.
    That would be fantastic if we did live next door, we could definately help each other out. I've always wanted to make one of those afghans that has all the colors in it that you make from scrap yarn. But I never have scrap yarn to make anything from. I think I have two skiens to my name and four cotten skiens to make dish cloths for Christmas gifts. That is it for my stash. But patterns, Oh MY GOSH! I probably have close to 40 saved that I know I can make and want to make. None of this "I'll never make but still have the pattern". But I'm getting close to this addiction. Where are you from? If you don't mind my asking.
    Barby Sue
    Be who you are and say what you mean

Post Thanks / Like
    I live in a small town, Centerville, just north of Cincinnati, Ohio. I see your location is St. Petersburg. I am somewhat envious of your reasonable inventory of yarn. It's not even a stash since you have plans to make dish clothes with it. I am torn whether to become your biggest fan or to try to corrupt you to join the dark side. I am curious as to whether it is a reflection of your personality or did you make a conscious decision not to clutter up your life with bits and pieces of yarn and tons of patterns?

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm a pattern horder as well, paper and electronic. I love it!!!