Likes Likes:  3
Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Crochet Baby Dress, chest 14"

2. Likes missro007, elproct liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi choiyuk96,
    That is a cute dress. I want to crochet another dress and I thought I wanted to crochet the whipped cream dress but now I'm not sure maybe I'll want to do this one.
    Jean Marie

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Jean Marie, I like the dress that Choiyuk posted too. In my opinion that dress would be cuter for an older baby not a newborn. I know the pattern is for a newborn based on the size posted. Also the #4 yarn works up stiff unless you use a large hook. It is just a matter of choice but I like soft baby yarn to use for baby things.
    You do good work so what ever you choose I know it will be lovely and well appreciated by the new mother.
    Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice to have choices, Jean Marie. I hope you'll do this one.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't have a 4.5 mm crochet hook like the pattern says to use. The 'G' hook I have is 4.25mm and the 'H' hook is 5mm

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Jean Marie, You could use your G hook yarn stretches a little.

Just remember that hook size is just a recommendation you can use any hook you want as long as you meet the pattern gauge.

Spoula
    Last edited by spoula; 03-21-2018 at 08:11 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    It doesn't look the same as the pattern picture.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Marie View Post
    It doesn't look the same as the pattern picture.
    Hi Jean Marie, These patterns never do look like the picture. I am currently working on a cute little dress for my grand daughter and I am going to make the same dress for my great niece. I started on the 2T size and the neck hole could fit me. I started over again using a hook 3 size smaller then the pattern called for. When I started over this time I know the stitches and I am just making the number of stitches I need for the size dress I am making. It is hard to go directly by the patterns you get for free. I saw one yesterday where one of the ladies replied to the person that wrote the pattern and told her which rows were incorrect by the number of stitches posted. One row was 86 and jumped to 126 without noting any increases.

I like free patterns but I know they sometimes have faults so I am lucky I can adjust.

You will have to wing it to make it match. Good luck.
    Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Jean Marie, I just responded to you on a later post concerning rather you would add sleeves to the dress you are making. Is you dress not the little red dress choiyuk posted? You say it doesn't look like the picture.

If it is different looking then ,my reply to you about adding sleeves may not be correct. I was basing my response on the little red dress.
    Spoula