Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Page 5 of 5 First ... 345
    Post Thanks / Like
    done w/rnd. 17 except for the sl st.

Post Thanks / Like
    On rnd. 5 before skipping the 18 sts for the 2nd time I put a hdc v stitch in and then skip the 2nd 18 sts and put in a hdc v stitch (I know the pattern says a v stitch but I put in a hdc v stitch cause that's what it was on the 1st one at the beginning of rnd. 5

On rnd. 5, after I hdc in the 20 sts. I put in a hdc v stitch before I skip the next 18 sc even though the pattern doesn't say to cause that's what the pattern said at the beginning of rnd. 5 before skipping the 1st 18 sc. So if anyone wants to do this pattern you'll know.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm working at memorizing the pattern.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you look at row 1 it says to ch 54. You dc in 3rd ch from hook and in the next 5 sts. and then a v stitch and 1 dc in next 12 sts and a v stitch 3 times and then it's dc in the next 6 sts. How do they come up with 54 chains? It works out but I'm trying to figure out the math. 12x3=36 sts. + the dc in the 3rd ch from hook and the 5 sts at the beginning and the 6 sts at the end is 36+12=48 sts. + the 4 v sts. = 52 sts. Do they have to add 2 sts because you start in the 3rd ch from the hook? So if you or I wanted to make this dress wider for let's say a toddler size then how many chains would you start with?

Post Thanks / Like
    Does anyone know how many chains for a toddler size for this dress? (the one choiyuk96 posted on page 1)

Would you just add 13 more chains for a toddler size?
    Last edited by Jean Marie; 04-25-2018 at 12:50 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Jean Marie, You are starting on Row 1: so the chain 2 at the beginning of each row counts as a stitch the first one in the 3rd chain from the hook and at the last chain2 at the end of the row; This gives you 54 stitches.
    It is only the rounds that the chain 2 does not count as a stitch.

The pattern says:
    Notes
    1. Chain 2 at the beginning of each round does not count as a stitch unless specified.

Did you look at the bottom of the pattern. There are 3 pictures of the dress. The first one is for newborn, the last picture has a pattern and the first row says to chain 67 so maybe that is one for a toddler. Since you made this dress so many times now you can guess after row 5 what size chest you need for a toddler (20-22 chest) measure across your dress if it measures 10 or 11 you are good to go.
    Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    The 3rd picture after the pattern says 14 inch chest and it's chain 67. This one above is also a 14 inch chest and is chain 54. I looked at row 1 on the chain 67 dress and the sleeves are 2 sts wider and the back or middle of dress is 4 sts wider. I guess I was right about adding the 13 chains but wrong about adding 12 sts and a v stitch for the back or middle of the dress. I guess that would be too wide.

The one with 54 chains is Crochet Baby Dress and the one with 67 chains is the Red Dress. The Red dress is hdc instead of dc. It does have some dc for a few rnds starting in rnd 11; and it has 2 more rnds before changing color. The band of the dress is smaller on the Red Dress.
    Last edited by Jean Marie; 04-27-2018 at 03:11 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Marie View Post
    The 3rd picture after the pattern says 14 inch chest and it's chain 67. This one above is also a 14 inch chest and is chain 54. I looked at row 1 on the chain 67 dress and the sleeves are 2 sts wider and the back or middle of dress is 4 sts wider. I guess I was right about adding the 13 chains but wrong about adding 12 sts and a v stitch for the back or middle of the dress. I guess that would be too wide.
    Hi Jean Marie, Looks like you got it all figured out. I had a baby dress patter for 0-3 months and I used the number of chains called for but a bigger hook and it came out ok so you could do that too.

Good luck and post a picture.
    Spoula