Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

Post Thanks / Like
    I saw that pattern on Etsy.com & almost bought it. I hope you can figure it out. Good luck ����

Post Thanks / Like
    That's where I got it. But the gal that sold it says she doesn't crochet, knit or sew, just sells patterns. I'll be sure and post a picture of it when I finish it. My plan was to make it for myself, then I sent the picture to my best friend in Las Vegas and she said "I want one too", then my 10 yr old Granddaughter came over this morning and said "I want one too". haha. Looks like I've got my some work to do. I'll need that Good Luck, thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Very smart answer, Susan. You're the best. I have some old patterns that belonged to my grandmother from 1942, but I haven't been Stimied yet. Crossing my fingers!
    ---HarriEtta

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forum, Victoria. Very pretty pattern. Susan has give you a very good answer for you dilemma.
    ---HarriEtta

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sapphire43 View Post
    Could the pattern be written in British terms?
    With there being treble stitches called for , I would believe the pattern is written British Terms... The uk treble is out double crochet st. See the following chart coversion. for uk which is british terms....Good luck..nice dress

Request Rejected
    Last edited by Davena; 07-23-2015 at 06:58 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh my gosh! That clears up that question. But, if that's so, (which I have no doubt it is), why do they refer to it as DC in the rest of the pattern? Call me a simpleton (grin), but it would be much easier if they would say how many stitches you are supposed to have at the end of each row. Or at least how man groups or spaces or something.

Post Thanks / Like
    A DC is our single crochet stitch. click on my first post spot that says request rejected and it should bring you up the charts to tell you the difference or if it will not work than google british crochet terms charts. You have to know what they are referring to , to make the dress. There is differences to there terms of stitches to ours. Than I think you will have no problem making this. Yes it would be great if pattern makers told us how many stitches we should have....good luck

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcom Victori!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Midge,
    It's not safe to put your email address on where everybody can see it. If you want to send your email to someone then private message them. To private message someone click on their avatar(their name on crochet talk).

Post Thanks / Like
    Yippee! And the winner is...... DAVENA! This is such a great help. I'm going to start again right now and I'll post a picture of the final product in ?? a couple of weeks I'm hoping. Thank you, thank you, thank you!