Thanks Thanks:  9
Likes Likes:  8
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by redhead View Post
    Do you mean sq #2 in the LookwhatImade series?
    As for the coat, I think I went overboard when I made it. It is really heavy. I wore it once when I went to church and kinda felt like a clown in it! I know it's pretty but I didn't get it lined and so I have to wear something else under it because of the holes. I think the linen stitch would be a good stitch for a coat because there are no holes in it.
    I will look at (I think it's Moogly) or LookwhatImade for the square when I have time. I have a dentist appointment today so I don't have time right now but thanks . Patty
    Well, you didn't look like a clown! I remember you mentioned that you would have to line it. I was amazed at the amount of work you did to make that coat!
    Freedom is not the right to do as you please, but the liberty to do as you ought!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by redhead View Post
    Do you mean sq #2 in the LookwhatImade series?

I will look at (I think it's Moogly) or LookwhatImade for the square when I have time. I have a dentist appointment today so I don't have time right now but thanks . Patty
    Good morning, Patty. No, if you'll click on the original link in the beginning post (the flat braid join) just scroll down to the end of that page... the square everyone is inquiring about and wanting to know how it's made is part of a mystery afghan crochet-along. The links for ALL the squares are there...the links are called "Variations on a Theme Square #___." ... and has the pattern for each square.

We have Susan2014 to thank for providing the link for the flat braid joining of the squares and thus to all the links (actually past posts in the blog - Gourmet Crochet - and access to all the squares used in the mystery afghan and how to complete it! Thanks, Susan2014!

The squares are approximately 6 to 7 inches in size. And that's why I referenced and mentioned knowing the multiples of a pattern (basic crochet knowledge)... because knowing the multiples you can make the squares larger or smaller as you like!

I don't make afghans or any cold weather crochet items because I have no need for cold weather blankets, afghans or clothing...HOWEVER, this is an afghan I will definitely make because the squares are so different from traditional granny's! I'll make it using Simply Soft instead of heavyweight yarn! It's on my to-do list.
    Freedom is not the right to do as you please, but the liberty to do as you ought!

3. Thanks Susan2014, Patt thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you. I love the finished look!

Post Thanks / Like
    Patty,
    go all the way down the page to the blog archive and look for the one marked Square #2. It is the right one, I just found it. to make this particular square, you would have to size it down smaller and then outline it according to the pattern here. It isn't hard to find, hope you can do it.
    Yours, Patt.

7. Likes Susan2014 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for this post, I love the look when its done, its just beautiful. I bookmarked just so I can find it again and investigate further. love it love it love it. Thanks again. Carol

Post Thanks / Like

The Blog at Gourmet Crochet

It appears that if you scroll down to the bottom of the page that the link takes you to (on the Gourmet Crochet website) you can click on another link to take you to the different motif patterns. I haven't located the block in the picture yet, but I bet it's here.. love this blog though!

10. Likes Susan2014 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Red face Big Hello

Long time reader who gets lost in all the pretty crochet patterns. So this is my first hello to everyone and thank you for all the patterns and tips. This is one of my favorites sites.

12. Likes Gillygaloo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am so glad my Link for Gourmet Crochet is so well pleased by so many. I have done several squares & starting a Lapghan soon. Ty and have fun every one??

Susan2014

Post Thanks / Like
    That square looks awesome. I will have to make a afghan with those square. Now, I am going to look for a lapghan. Got any suggestion, Susan.