Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  1
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

Post Thanks / Like
    I have made one for a friend of mine with her Mother's last name for her for Christmas. She is going to frame it and then give me a picture. She work's at A.C.Moore's framing department. It turned out so pretty

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you very much for the patterns. Most of the patterns I do are filet crochet

Post Thanks / Like
    Very very pretty

Quote Originally Posted by dancingbaehr View Post
    Hi jakesgrandma!

I have made 33 name doilies and am now working on #34 for a wedding gift in January. Then, I will make #35 for an April wedding gift. I use a pattern from a Leisure Arts book I have called "Your Name & More in Filet Crochet". There are a few different patterns in the book.
    Here is a photo of what I make. It is an easy pattern.
    Attachment 11137
    I hope this helps you. I'd love to see your finished project!!

~~ Hugs, Jo

The town of West Chester, in Cincinnati, Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by charlye View Post
    Very very pretty
    Hi Charlye! I haven't seen you on here in a while. Its good to have you back!! I haven't forgotten about us trying to get together. Maybe we can do that this summer. Life just gets so hectic!!!
    ~~ Hugs, Jo
    A Travelling Baehr Gathers No Moss!!

Post Thanks / Like
    your filet doilies are beautiful. I love to do that stitch

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for helpful info. It looks like you crochet one letter at time. Am I correct? The wall hanging I have seems to have been crocheted from top to bottom then add edging around it. You do beautiful work! I would like to do last names for gifts. My mother has dementia & has no interest in crocheting. She has done some beautiful pieces. Plus started some that need finishing! I enjoy crocheting. Thanks again for sharing. I'm not online much so that's reason for delay in replying. Blessings to you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AudreyL View Post
    your filet doilies are beautiful. I love to do that stitch
    Thank you Audrey! They are fun to make.
    ~~ Hugs, Jo

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jakesgrandma View Post
    Thanks for helpful info. It looks like you crochet one letter at time. Am I correct? The wall hanging I have seems to have been crocheted from top to bottom then add edging around it. You do beautiful work! I would like to do last names for gifts. My mother has dementia & has no interest in crocheting. She has done some beautiful pieces. Plus started some that need finishing! I enjoy crocheting. Thanks again for sharing. I'm not online much so that's reason for delay in replying. Blessings to you.
    Hi jakesgrandma!
    Thank you! Yes, you start about three rows from the first letter and work each letter and then the end. Then, you go back and add the other end. I don't know why, but that is how the directions are in the book. They make excellent gifts!
    ~~ Hugs, Jo

Post Thanks / Like
    When you are crocheting the names, what direction are you going? The direction from either the bottom up or top down, or side to side? I tried once but got confused with it and just stopped very frustrated.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonia257 View Post
    When you are crocheting the names, what direction are you going? The direction from either the bottom up or top down, or side to side? I tried once but got confused with it and just stopped very frustrated.
    Hi Bostonia257,

The work is done side to side. You start from the left side (the first letter) and work across, making each letter of the name in order, following the chart included in the book. Anyone who can work a chain stitch and a double crochet can make these name doilies. They are very easy to make.
    I hope you try it!!
    ~~ Hugs, Jo
    Last edited by dancingbaehr; 04-11-2016 at 07:38 AM. Reason: added text