Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  39
Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like
    AWESOME... the snowflakes are incredibly lovely and would make lovely appliques, too! Thanks, ndlnut.
    Freedom is not the right to do as you please, but the liberty to do as you ought!

2. Likes ndlnut liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    WOW! Even for those of us that are in snowy MN, these are really something. You could create your own blizzard by making one of each. Thanks for the great site.

4. Likes N/A, ndlnut liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sweet Sue thatme oh no thats you forgot hehehe. I saw Blizzard in your message . Dairy Queen in Mpls is opening or has opened. Will look tomorrow we are going shopping past there. CRAZY aaah !! ?? (Down by M'haha Falls (

Susan M J

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ndlnut View Post
    Not sure if this site has already been mentioned here at the forum, but it's got absolutely spectacular crochet snowflakes, and all the instructions are FREE!! It's called "Snowcatcher."

For those of us in SoCal, where nary a snowflake ever fell, this is as close to them as we can get! (The "Cold Heart" one would be quite appropriate for Valentine's Day.)
    Thanks so much for sharing! So many Awesome snowflakes!

7. Likes ndlnut, teresah liked this post
    Clearwater, Florida USA Born and raised in Bklyn, NY, lived in Tx., Mi., Calif.,Ariz., and Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lovely, I have made many... My entire house is filled with snowflakes and snowmen... When I have visitors, they say "did you forget to take down the Christmas decorations" LOL At that time I turn on the snowflakes hanging from the roof outside...Ha Ha Ha

9. Likes ndlnut liked this post
    Clearwater, Florida USA Born and raised in Bklyn, NY, lived in Tx., Mi., Calif.,Ariz., and Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you.. I am a "snowflake freak" I always say, "some of my best friends are flakes.." LOL

11. Likes N/A, dancingbaehr, nettielou liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by teresah View Post
    Thank you.. I am a "snowflake freak" I always say, "some of my best friends are flakes.." LOL
    I'm a snowflake freak, too, Teresah (altho I preferred real snow as a kid, when I didn't have to drive in it; now I'll take handmade flakes over the slippery stuff)! And hey, no problem with best friends being flakes, long as they're not "corn(y)" flakes, eh?

PS: I hate the heat, too: I left my heart on the Central Coast of Calif. where the weather is absolutely GORRRJUSS! Never too cold, and hardly ever over 70 degrees. Only reason I came down here was cuz I had to (financial reasons), or I'd have stayed up there these past 24 years. {sniff}
    Last edited by ndlnut; 02-04-2014 at 10:20 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ndlnut View Post
    I'm a snowflake freak, too, Teresah (altho I preferred real snow as a kid, when I didn't have to drive in it; now I'll take handmade flakes over the slippery stuff)! And hey, no problem with best friends being flakes, long as they're not "corn(y)" flakes, eh?

PS: I hate the heat, too: I left my heart on the Central Coast of Calif. where the weather is absolutely GORRRJUSS! Never too cold, and hardly ever over 70 degrees. Only reason I came down here was cuz I had to (financial reasons), or I'd have stayed up there these past 24 years. {sniff}
    Hiya ndlnut.. Thank you for your reply... Yes, my grandchildren are a little "corny", but that's ok, it's a grandma's revenge. LOL
    Sorry you had to leave your Oasis, hopefully you will be able to return sometime even for a long visit..
    BTW, is your "ndlnut" part of your name or does it mean something else.. My stepdad has a similar "handle" but it refers to his time as a Navy Seal..

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by teresah View Post
    is your "ndlnut" part of your name or does it mean something else
    I'm a needle arts buff, Teresah! (A crochet hook is also a "needle" of sorts...one with a curved end! ). Knitting, crocheting, clothesmaking, doll crafting, patchwork, hemstitch, cross stitch---you name it, I love it.

15. Likes teresah liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Those really are beautiful. We are getting dumped on today so I really have no esteem for "real" snowflakes whatsoever. I really liked the Berry-Stained snowflake.

17. Likes teresah liked this post