Thanks Thanks:  29
Likes Likes:  66
Page 6 of 11 First ... 45678 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    Love this! Thanks!

2. Likes Susan2014 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Sher, Im so pleased to meet you. Dont we have some kind & Talented members? Cant wait to hear & see your flowers etc. Nice you joined. Susan2014 from Minnesota

Post Thanks / Like

Drum Roll Please!

I can't believe that it's been a year since I originally posted this scarf. Obviously I must have crochet ADD - way too many pretty and exciting new things to distract me! But it's FINALLY here. The Curio cotton thread I used does have a wonderful drape, although it's not as soft as yarns would be. I'm going to try acrylic crochet thread on another project and see if this is better.
    Also, after hand washing this scarf would still have to be blocked, which would be a problem for a non-crocheter/knitter. I chose to make each row
    length-wise and block it, then sew the rows together. VERY time consuming. If I were to do this again, I would crochet all the flowers together, then block it section by section. I did this for the green/blue stole (currently referred to as Holey Moley) made from the Curio thread and it worked out fine. BTW, I have a large bulletin board that I block on. I pencil in any guidelines I need on white paper and pin that down with plastic wrap on top of it, then pin the item on top of that. I've also found that spraying the item with a medium coat of spray starch and dabbing up any excess works well - helps keep the pinned item in the shape you want. I use Faultless Premium spray starch from Walmart.
    Please note that I altered the pattern a little bit for this scarf - I have 8 petals instead of 12. When I washed the swatch it shrank, and it lost the lacy effect. You have to alter the connections a bit too. For the straight row you would still use the 12 o'clock and 6 o'clock positions. I staggered the rows, so if you were joining a row to the left, you'd then use the 7:00 and 11:00 ch sps for attachment; if you were joining to the right, you'd use the 1:00 and 5:00 ch sps. Enlarge the pic and you'll see what I did.
    I think I would like to submit both patterns to Knit Picks, but that's a bit of a process so I'll see if I have the time. I want to say thank you to everyone that gave me encouragement with this project. It really did take a long time to do, but all of you made me believe it was worth it - and I think it was!Attachment 11612Attachment 11611
    Attached Images Attached Images Gorgeous Sophie Diggard Nitro Linen Scarf-sany0673-copy-1-jpg Gorgeous Sophie Diggard Nitro Linen Scarf-sany0006-sd-scarf-2-jpg 

5. Thanks Susan2014, dancingbaehr thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    they are both so beautiful!!! wouldn't be able to pick the one i like the best. Carol

Post Thanks / Like
    Gorgeous Job and time does make it Excellant Outcome. BEAUTIFUL !! thanks for sharing. Susan2014

Post Thanks / Like
    That scarf is simply gorgeous. You done excellent work on making it. I don't if I would even challenge that project. You are brave. Good pictures, too.

9. Likes Susan2014 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    mash52 , Hows your Hubby doing?
    Spirits sound good considering. Sent a Card to Day xoxox Susan201
    Last edited by Susan2014; 02-11-2015 at 08:55 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey, Susan I got your beautiful card. I cried trying to read it. Because it is so beautiful. I got it Sat. Thank you very much.

12. Thanks Susan2014 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I didn't think the photo turned out too well, so I went to picmonkey (FREE photo editing site) and worked on it a little more. Photography is not my strong suit, but I'm trying!
    Attached Images Attached Images Gorgeous Sophie Diggard Nitro Linen Scarf-sany0006-copy-jpg 

14. Thanks dancingbaehr thanked for this post
    Likes cybarra liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I also like this picture better, sure makes the colors pop!!! Wow, I really like this scarf a lot, beautiful, beautiful, beautiful, just really love it. I love the way you arranged the colors all slanted, gives it a special look, like little jewels. You did a wonderful job, you should be so very proud. Thank you for sharing. Carol