Thanks Thanks:  29
Likes Likes:  66
Page 5 of 11 First ... 34567 ... Last

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like
    Very BEAUTIFUL! Good luck, so far you are doing awesome! LOVE YOUR FRIEND MANDA!

Post Thanks / Like
    This is so pretty! Thanx for sharing!!

Post Thanks / Like
    For anyone who is interested, I received the crochet thread for this scarf today. It is awesome!!! Beautiful sheen and soft, with a very pretty twist to it. The colors are not exactly as shown on the KnitPics website, but I understand how difficult showing the colors accurately can be. They are still wonderful and sophisticated colors, so using them will not be a problem. Don't hold your breath, but as soon as I'm done I'll let you see the finished piece. Yeah!!!

4. Likes amanda, N/A, teresah liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I am truly excited for you! I cannot wait to see it! Don't hesitate to post some "in process" photos!

6. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nova55 --- thats a great idea OKWTink 1/2 way thru show us. Im sure to get some yarn if you really think its nice ?? HUGS

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks for post is that all for the pattern I am going to try it I do thread also was thinking perhaps if could learn how to attach I could try a vest with it or perhaps do neckline and sleeves of a T shirt how do I make you my friend on here would like to be friends is there a place here for just thread crochet

Post Thanks / Like
    HI again are you doing all of your flowers with two colors to make scraf or are you going to mix colors trying to get idea before I buy yarn

Clearwater, Florida USA Born and raised in Bklyn, NY, lived in Tx., Mi., Calif.,Ariz., and Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hiya Nova, What a lovely scarf. This will make a beautiful Christmas gift for some wonderful friends of mine.. Thank you for the pattern.. I will post the finished product later on in the year... Teresa

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow! I thought this was a dead subject until I showed my version of the scarf! Obviously, I was wrong! I purchased the Curio thread in these colors from KnitPicks:

2 white, 1 of ea: Comfrey (dusty purple), Cornmeal (golden yellow), Ciel (medium blue), Victorian (dusty brick red), Lichen (a beautiful moss green).

The comfrey, victorian and ciel were all darker than I thought they would be, and I expected the victorian to be a dusty mauve. However, all the colors work well together, so I think it'll be fine. The scarf might just be a little brighter that the original. I wanted to balance warm and cool colors, instead of just warm or just cool. KnitPicks does have pastels available in Curio, and if I was to do it over I would get those. I could see these flowers being done with just a couple colors for the center of the flower, or even just one. Whatever appeals to you. Little secret - I have such problems with colors! I see beautiful things online and I just think "Never in a million years would I put those colors together, but they look great!" And I have a color wheel, but still it's so complicated.

Chergram - I love the idea of a vest or around the neck/sleeves of a t-shirt! I'm not a seamstress, but I would think just very careful hand sewing for attaching. I've never made a clothing item, so I don't know. I bet there are people on CT who would know. As for being friends - sure! I think there is a way on the notifications page. Let me see what I can do.
    Attached Images Attached Images Gorgeous Sophie Diggard Nitro Linen Scarf-sany0451-jpg 

12. Likes teresah, dancingbaehr liked this post
    Clearwater, Florida USA Born and raised in Bklyn, NY, lived in Tx., Mi., Calif.,Ariz., and Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like
    hiya Nova, I love the colors and I know the scarf will come back lovely... Teresa