Thanks Thanks:  29
Likes Likes:  66
Page 4 of 11 First ... 23456 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow! I thought this was a dead subject until I showed my version of the scarf! Obviously, I was wrong! I purchased the Curio thread in these colors from KnitPicks:

2 white, 1 of ea: Comfrey (dusty purple), Cornmeal (golden yellow), Ciel (medium blue), Victorian (dusty brick red), Lichen (a beautiful moss green).

The comfrey, victorian and ciel were all darker than I thought they would be, and I expected the victorian to be a dusty mauve. However, all the colors work well together, so I think it'll be fine. The scarf might just be a little brighter that the original. I wanted to balance warm and cool colors, instead of just warm or just cool. KnitPicks does have pastels available in Curio, and if I was to do it over I would get those. I could see these flowers being done with just a couple colors for the center of the flower, or even just one. Whatever appeals to you. Little secret - I have such problems with colors! I see beautiful things online and I just think "Never in a million years would I put those colors together, but they look great!" And I have a color wheel, but still it's so complicated.

Chergram - I love the idea of a vest or around the neck/sleeves of a t-shirt! I'm not a seamstress, but I would think just very careful hand sewing for attaching. I've never made a clothing item, so I don't know. I bet there are people on CT who would know. As for being friends - sure! I think there is a way on the notifications page. Let me see what I can do.
    Attached Images Attached Images Gorgeous Sophie Diggard Nitro Linen Scarf-sany0451-jpg 

2. Likes teresah, dancingbaehr liked this post
    Clearwater, Florida USA Born and raised in Bklyn, NY, lived in Tx., Mi., Calif.,Ariz., and Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like
    hiya Nova, I love the colors and I know the scarf will come back lovely... Teresa

Post Thanks / Like
    Nova55 --- thats a great idea OKWTink 1/2 way thru show us. Im sure to get some yarn if you really think its nice ?? HUGS

Post Thanks / Like
    Sure, that's fine. When I get enough done ( maybe 12" or so) I'll post it. BTW, I'm glad you all posted again because I discovered that they sent 2 different dye lots for the white I ordered. I called KnitPicks and they are going to send 2 new whites free of charge! I didn't think they made companies like that anymore!

Teresah - You said it would make a great Christmas present. You must really like that person/people!!! After 360 little flowers I'd have to make this person sign an affidavit that they will treat this scarf as an heirloom and get a copy of the will so I would know someone "appropriate" would inherit it!

6. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nova55 I am sure glad you'll be getting the white. I have a short memory as I saved the lovely flowers and think your pretty nice to do all this for the girls so interested in this scarf. I am really anxious to see it now. Flowers I love them. On my old shirt i wear in Garden I sewed small 21/2: flowers on with Butterflys, and am putting Lady Bugs on to. I should do that on my Hat,
    WHOOPS shows my age Old Flower Lady Im known as. They dont say Old I added that. Love & Hugs (like thread too)

8. Likes teresah liked this post
    Clearwater, Florida USA Born and raised in Bklyn, NY, lived in Tx., Mi., Calif.,Ariz., and Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hiya Nova, LOL I have to agree with you.. But really, it is a labor of love.. Maybe a notarized statement wouldn't be a bad idea... Teresa

Post Thanks / Like
    Any way to save this so I don't loose how to make this?

11. Likes teresah liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hiya pbjones, If I may assist you.. On page 1 of this post, 1st entry. Edit/copy the instructions. Paste to you own notepad.. Click on the thumbnails and it will bring you to the site.. Copy url and there you go....Pls. let me know if I can be of further assistance... Teresa

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks I will give it a try.

Post Thanks / Like
    That is gorgeous, I can't imagine how much time it took to make.