Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: lizzieg52

Post Thanks / Like

lizzieg52

I want to say hello to everyone. I am a 60 year old mother of three adult married children and a grandmother to 11 grandchildren. I was taught to crochet and knit by my mother at a very young age. I just started taking up both in the last two years and I can't get enough of it. I get started with one project and I want to start on another one immediately. I am completely addicted to crocheting/knitting and love every minute it takes to create something wonderful. Hope to hear from you soon. I thank you for the welcome.

2. Likes Barbara G. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi lizzieg52,
    You sound just like me. I have three adult married children, but only 6 grandchildren and one due in July.
    I am truly addicted to crochet. Can't seem to get enough patterns. Right now I have 3 little girl sweaters going and am
    in a rush to finish a newborn baby boys sweater for a baby shower.
    Welcome to the forum.

Post Thanks / Like
    Good afternoon,

Welcome to our crochet forums! It is a pleasure to have you with us! I am excited to hear your love for crocheting! I would love to hear more about the projects you are currently working on - at least a few of them!

Post Thanks / Like

Hello Barbara G and Mabullock

I would like to thank everyone for their welcoming emails. I have been working on several things in the last year or so. I made about 22 "take a long doll purses" for grandchildren, nieces and friends, for Christmas in 2010, which led me into making two "take along doll houses" for my older sister's granddaughters this year. I have crocheted several items for a diaper cake for a young lady for her baby shower. I made toys, sweaters, hats, bottle covers, a small blanket and several bibs to put on the diaper cake. I also made lollipops out of baby washclothes and "hard candy" out of baby socks. Right now I'm actually knitting a scarf for my boyfriend and then I plan on making a hat/scarf set for my 30 year old daughter. I have recently decided to start making up holiday baskets to give as gifts for Christmas this year. I have patterns for table runners, dish clothes, Christmas potholders, etc. I just can't get my fingers to work fast enough. LOL

6. Likes Barbara G. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the reply! You sound very busy! I love the ideas you have presented! If you have any pictures, you are more than welcome to post them in the pictures thread! I would love to see!