Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  8
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello and Happy New Year

Hello...my name is Caryn and I live in Florida. I am originally from Long Island. I am married and have grown children. My cronilogical age is 60, but I think I will remain 29 forever. I have been crocheting and knitting since I was very young. My grandmother taught me to crochet so many years ago.
    At the moment I am crocheting a wave afgan for my daughter and son-in-law for their new home.
    I made quite a few items for gifts the past few months. Mostly, hats and scarves.
    My next project will be to crochet socks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Caryn,

Hello! It is nice to meet you and I welcome you to the crochet forums! It is a pleasure to have you! I look forward to reading more about your projects!

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome Carynjoyb!

I am also 60 but feel more like 49, lol, don't want to be 29 again although 39 might do, ha!
    I also want to crochet socks but wonder if I should knit them instead. I guess you get a decent sock using either method.

Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Socks and 29

Hi Patti,
    I am currently making socks using 4 double point needles. 3 with stitches on and 1 to knit them off. I have about a 4 inch length so far. I will complete at least the one, but I think that crochet would be a lot faster, and just as nice. I just need to find the right pattern.
    I also wouldn't want to be 29 again, but don't really want to feel much older than that. BUT alas, that good old Arhur Itis stops buy to say hello every day. LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Barbi,
    Thanks for the welcome. Glad to be here.

6. Likes Barbara G. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Carynjoyb, I am also new to this site, just joined today. Welcome! I just thought it would be nice to have other fellow crocheters to talk to and help out with advice and patterns. Hope that you enjoy this site.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Rena--
    Good to have you join in!
    I think you'll find it really is nice to have other crocheters to talk to about crocheting. I know it has helped me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Patti, thank you for a warm welcome! I love to crochet and knit but always have several projects going at once. And its nice to know that there are other crocheters that love the craft like I do. I know that I will enjoy sharing and listening to other crafters. I am looking forward to being a member of this site....happy crafting.

Post Thanks / Like
    I tried to upload some photos of some of my items that are in a folder from my computer, but I can not figure out how to do it.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Caryn Joy

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Rena,
    I too have several projects going at once. Just cant keep to only one. LOL Knitting and crocheting at the same time.
    Caryn Joy