Hi! I would first like to thank Barbara for helping with the registration process.
My introduction of myself could be very long but I'll try to limit it. I started crocheting when I was 9 years old. It was my first year as a 4-H member; my first project was a poncho made entirely of granny squares. I got a blue ribbon on that project and it was the beginning of a lifetime love of crocheting. Most of my current projects are small items; I have many craft passions and prefer to make items that are quick. I also enjoy sewing, embroidering, cross-stitch, and card making (I am a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator).
I have three children; my second is having his high school graduation open house on this Saturday. My oldest is my only daughter, she loves to knit and is self taught with a little help from me. She will receive her Associates Degree in Early Childhood Development by the end of this year. My baby has another year of school to go. Our children have been home schooled from kindergarten through high school. Hubby and I will celebrate our 24th Anniversary this year.
We live on about four acres in Michigan; I have two large gardens, a strawberry patch, apple, peach and cherry trees, raspberry, blackberry and blueberry bushes and grape vines. I try to preserve as much of our produce as I can. We also have 9 hens, 22 rabbits, 7 cats, 4 dogs, and 1 guinea pig. Some days life can be pretty crazy around here, but it's hardly ever boring!
I can't wait to start searching through patterns here on Crochet Talk!!
Dawn