Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Red face Greetings to all you wonderful crocheter's.

I'm a new beginner, and completely admire the art of crochet. My mom wanted to teach me when I was young, but my attention span wasn't very long, and I had ants in my pants. (That's what my grandma would say) Well, I'm considerably older now, and don't mind sitting still for awhile. I think I'm progressing fine, I just wish I already could create something wonderful for my daughter, as she is having their first baby in a few months. I'll probably be calling upon you for some advice. Meanwhile, I have to practice the stitches I've learned. Thanks, Kolina

2. Likes Anaisa, GrammaJoe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Howdie and welcome; I had ants in my pants when I was a kid, but I was able to focus, but no one in my family crocheted. So I mostly taught myself and stuck with it....ask away any questions; a great bunch of people here, willing to share and help. Happy crocheting.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi there! I am addicted to doilies! My name is Larisa and I have 7 birds also
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome. Keep at it and you will be fine. You tube is a great source for learning stitches. Mom taught me as a kid..around the time I was like 7 or 8 I think.I am about to be 54 this year now so my memory of it is not as good..but I do believe she taught me granny squares first..most people start with chain stitch..somehow my first memory is the granny square..she used to do lots of afghans with them..she love them..I do too but haven't done much of them lately. I hope you find your self at home here and jump right in..there are very nice people here that will help you along the way..see you on the boards..hugs Anne

Post Thanks / Like
    lol Welcome to the Group my grandma usta tell me I had ants in my pants too. There are some very pretty and easy patterns out there for baby stuff but I have found that even the simplest things made by hand given to a baby seem to mean a lot. I think its just the thought that you sat down and devoted your time to create that item, and daughters know that there is a bunch of love in each and every stitch. We are here to help you if you should need any.
    God will never put more on your plate then you can handle.
    http://pinterest.com/eva64

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Welcome to the crochet community! If you put your mind to it - you can do it! It may take a little practice, but you can create something for your new grand baby! Thanks for joining us!

Post Thanks / Like

Red face Reply

Thank you, I'm happy to be in good company. I'll try your patience later

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome and we all love to help so if you get stuck please ask for help. There are a lot of free patterns on the forum page under links and resources. Or you could just ask for help.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the group! Congrats on your grandchild on the way!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome to our site. This is a good site for a group of nice people. Hang in there and you will get it. I have crochered over 35 years and there are still somethings I don't understand