Hello everyone, I have been crocheting for a while (well probably consistently for six months). I (we, my sister and I) learned together while reading pattern books that my mom had around the house so we learned together.

9 years ago my husband was killed in Iraq and have been very lost with out him. I have two children, my son being 12 and a daughter being 24. Ever since that dreadful day I have been trying to find my purpose in life and through trial and error with various volunteer opportunities I have found helping the elderly my most rewarding.

When I was at my sisters for the weekend about six months ago I saw she had her crochet hooks and basket full of beautiful colored granny squares and it then hit me that I wanted to go back and do crocheting. I have made 4 queen size afghans and 2 twin size afghans within six months and I think they came out ok. I have been stuck in the double crochet mode for a while now and almost afraid to move past the basic stitches but in time I will take that leap and move on.

I have this wonderful feeling of relaxation while I crochet and it has comforted me in some of my worst moments, time in my life. I absolutely love giving my finished pieces of work to friends and family and enjoy seeing how much they love the blankets that I have made for them.

I look forward to getting to know everyone here as this is the first "crochet" site I have joined since getting back into the crochet craze.

Take care!