Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  14
Page 3 of 3 First 123
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ah shucks too far for us to get together. Welcome to th group. Just dive in to any of the discussions.
    Pam

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Peg and welcome! I am happy my fellow Floridans weathered the storm! I am in Winter Haven, FL (Polk Co) I never seem to get bored as I always have something to be doing, even if I'm not doing it! LOL My hubby is retired now & has no hobbies so he feels a little different about that. I did go get a job this year to help in paying some things. So my crochet time has been cut down some. I have several projects in the works. I just started a new one for my little granddaughter. I saw a cute swinsuit cover up so I decided to try it out. Happy crocheting!!

3. Likes Carynjoyb liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Dustygirl, I really could use some additional funds too. Just don't have the extra energy to get up and get ready to go out and work. Seems like I have worked all of my life. Worked from a young age with my family selling fruit and veg's up until I got laid off 2 1/2 years ago. Besides that I don't seem to have time for anything else. Between house work, lawn care, taking my Mother-in-law where ever she need to go, puppy sitting for my daughter & her family, not much time. This week I will have my granddaughter. Next week summer camp. My Mother-in-law has taught granddaughter how to crochet and do plastic craft. Bored, who has time to get bored? Don't understand the ladies that don't work outside the home that say they don't have anything to do. Make it a great day!

Post Thanks / Like
    Good Morning Yarnoholic, sorry we are on opposite sides of the State. Nice to meet you anyway. Make it a great day!

6. Likes Carynjoyb liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome. So glad you joined us. I live in E TX. Make yourself at home.

Post Thanks / Like
    Peg, if you ever think you will get to my side, shout out, and we will get together.
    Pam

9. Likes Carynjoyb liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Peg,
    Welcome !
    I am also from Florida, Tampa Bay area. I have been transplanted from Long Island a little more than 10 years ago. I love it down here. There are quite a number of crocheters and knitters in my area. We meet up on Tuesdays for chatting, munching and stitching.

Quote Originally Posted by Peg P View Post
    I have been looking at crochet talk for a while but never became a member. I look forward seeing all of the beautiful items each of you make and getting tips from you on new stitches. I learned to crochet from my grandmother back in the 50's but didn't have time to do that type of stuff as I was in school and dating. Once I was married, still didn't have time due to kids and working. Now that I am older and retired, I finally have time and I am really enjoying myself. My Mother-in-law lives with us and crafts from the time she gets up, 5:00 AM till she stops around 4:30 PM. She does crochet and plastic craft.

My first Granddaughter is having her first baby in November and I am getting ready to start make some items for my first Great Grandchild.

Post Thanks / Like
    That rain was a bit much. My Mom lives in Aventura and they got 14 inches of rain that day. Flooding all over. I'm glad she didn't lose electric, just the airconditioning for a while. The main unit got flooded. Ahhhh, Florida weather....gotta love it, and I do.

Quote Originally Posted by imj9scrochetj9 View Post
    Hi Peg, welcome to ct. I live south of you about 2 to 2 and a half hours. I am in Melbourne Beach. I have gotten enough rain to fill the pool up to the very top today and the winds were a little crazy for a bit. But that is ok, I don't have to water the lawn for a while and a few branches came down on their own from some of the high palm trees. A benefit of living on the barrier island is that it is sand, so any flooding is very temporary the water goes right through. lol
    I, too, usually spend a bit of time in the yard, it is mainly mowing, weeding, trimming back all of the bushes and cutting down banana trees after they have produced. I love playing with crafts crocheting, and bead work. I also take care of my 2 yr old granddaughter while her parents are at work. If that isn't enough to keep me busy, I breed parakeets and I also have 2 dogs. Staying at home is never boring, there has always been plenty to do. lol. -janine

Post Thanks / Like
    Good morning: Since I more or less had forced retirement a couple of years ago I have not been bored at all. I did break my hip last August so recovery has been ongoing! We did puppy sitting for two dogs this weekend and today my granddaughter, almost 7 is with me for the day. Our dog, Lola, is sleeping today and catching up from flurry of activity this weekend!!!!! I will try to get some crocheting in today; Hannah said this morning that she noticed I had started a purple baby blanket and thought it would be pretty to add some pink! She is so sweet. I took her mom an egg salad sandwich for lunch when I picked her up and Hannah said that really made her mommy happy!!!!! Have a great day everyone!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Pam, I will do just that.