Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  14
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forums. And yes, a bedspread is a BIG project! I know she will love it.
    Annette

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."
    Dalai Lama

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Peg: I am 65 and grandmother to 4 little ones. Last winter I made a red, orange and purple variegated afghan for my 6 year old granddaughter and she loves it. The yarn has held up well after many washings! I usually make baby blankets on the diagonal and other afghans for Project Linus and that keeps me busy. I have been retired a couple of years now but never seem to lack something to do! Hope you enjoy the summer!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Lili, I stay busy as well. Home, yard, you know all the normal stuff, plus my crafts. Don't understand the people that say they get bored and have nothing to do staying home. Love working in my yard and doing crafts. Not so much the house work, but got to be done. The yarn I am using for my granddaughter's spread is I Love this Yarn. It is nice to work with, don't know about washing yet. I am 73, 4 grown children, 3 sons 1 daughter. I have 4 grandchildren and my husband has 7 grandchildren. My oldest granddaughter is having her 1st baby this November. A little girl. Look forward to making her some things.
    We live in Jacksonville, FL, where do you live.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Peg, welcome to ct. I live south of you about 2 to 2 and a half hours. I am in Melbourne Beach. I have gotten enough rain to fill the pool up to the very top today and the winds were a little crazy for a bit. But that is ok, I don't have to water the lawn for a while and a few branches came down on their own from some of the high palm trees. A benefit of living on the barrier island is that it is sand, so any flooding is very temporary the water goes right through. lol
    I, too, usually spend a bit of time in the yard, it is mainly mowing, weeding, trimming back all of the bushes and cutting down banana trees after they have produced. I love playing with crafts crocheting, and bead work. I also take care of my 2 yr old granddaughter while her parents are at work. If that isn't enough to keep me busy, I breed parakeets and I also have 2 dogs. Staying at home is never boring, there has always been plenty to do. lol. -janine

5. Likes Carynjoyb liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi there! So glad you joined us at CROCHET TALK! We are an increasing family from all over! LOVE YOUR FRIEND MANDA!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Peg: I live in Eastern WA near the Hanford project area. My husband is still working but getting closer to making the big decision. I broke my right hip in August 2012 and have just recently been able to get back on his Harley motorcycle. We had a nice 2 hour ride 2 weeks ago. It is hot now in the 90's so hard to work in the yard. Still having some trouble bending my knees and getting on the floor and the ground. I did plant a few vegetables in my pots this year and hopefully we will get some fresh produce. Lola, our 10 year old Staffordshire terrier, is my constant companion. Since November, when I could drive again I have been going to Project Linus meetings monthly and really enjoy them. It is so fun to see what everyone makes. Many of the gals make quilts and it is interesting to see how the same patterns can look so different. I love crocheting and even was asked to make some blankies for NICU babies and premies. I understand that they put the blankets over the top of the little cribs for comfort. Take care and have a great day.

8. Likes amanda liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Janine, I am originally from West Palm Beach. Still have two sons that live down that way, one in North Palm Beach and the other in Juno Beach. My sister lives in Merritt Island. I will have my granddaughter, now that school is out, until her summer program starts at school.
    We didn't have any damage from the TS, just rain and wind. Fernandina Beach has some damage from a tornado,

10. Likes imj9scrochetj9 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Manda, thanks for the nice greeting.

Post Thanks / Like
    What part of Florida? I am about 50 miles north of Tampa.

Post Thanks / Like
    Jacksonville