Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  14
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Hello from Florida

I have been looking at crochet talk for a while but never became a member. I look forward seeing all of the beautiful items each of you make and getting tips from you on new stitches. I learned to crochet from my grandmother back in the 50's but didn't have time to do that type of stuff as I was in school and dating. Once I was married, still didn't have time due to kids and working. Now that I am older and retired, I finally have time and I am really enjoying myself. My Mother-in-law lives with us and crafts from the time she gets up, 5:00 AM till she stops around 4:30 PM. She does crochet and plastic craft.

My first Granddaughter is having her first baby in November and I am getting ready to start make some items for my first Great Grandchild.

2. Likes amanda, Carynjoyb, Anaisa liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello from Europe. I am Larisa doily maker
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi there! I'm from Florida too. Are you getting any of this tropical disturbance that is hitting the west coast of FL now? It just started raining here. Nothing big but we are expecting more later today. What are you working on now? I have two afghans in different stitches in progress now. I made them big I don't know if I'll ever get them done. LOL
    Barby Sue
    Be who you are and say what you mean

5. Likes Carynjoyb, Magnolia Blossom liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to Crochet talk! Have fun while your hear, seems like we have several from your area that lives in the Florida area. Have fun!

Post Thanks / Like
    Peg,

Welcome here! We are glad you decided to officially become a member here! Look forward to hearing more about you here in the forums! Please make yourself at home!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Barby Sue,
    I am in Jacksonville, we are getting rain. Expected to get a lot more tomorrow and Friday. I am working on a bedspread for my granddaughter. She will be 10 on her birthday July 8th. She told her mom she has out grown the princesses. I just finished an afghan for my 90+ Aunt. I will post a picture after I load it from my camera to my computer. Nice to hear from you.

Peggy

9. Likes Carynjoyb liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Larisa,

Nice to hear from you. Where are you in Europe? I am from Jacksonville Florida.

Peggy

Post Thanks / Like
    Howdie, welcome; congratulations on your grandchild... please post what you've made if/when you can, love to see it....happy crocheting.

Post Thanks / Like
    I would love to see a picture of the bed spread you are making for your grand daughter. I posted that in another thread but still would love to see it. THAT is a big project. Good for you for making her wishes come true! That is so awsome.

We might have to get a get-together for all the Florida people that are on Crochet Talk. There are a bunch of us on here.
    Barby Sue
    Be who you are and say what you mean

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi! Unfortunately I am in Post Soviet... crocheting saves my life LOL
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

14. Likes Magnolia Blossom, buggainok liked this post