So now I have to do something else with all those "free" color crochet patterns that cost a dollar page to print on my home printer.

I assembled them into books so my daughters and granddaughters would have a marvelous craft to work with, especially as a cottage industry so they don't have to go back to work with kids at home.

All the patterns I recomposed were freebies in the public domain, some going back to the 1850s. I put thousands of hours into making them a permanent archive, and I give copies to Senior Centers, churches and libraries.

You can find my crochet books (six of them) at Amazon.com under my name, Emily Elizabeth Windsor-Cragg. I have other books there too.

Crochet is a pure skill that only requires a hook and some twine. And with it, a crafter can make a hat, a scarf, a purse, a coat, dress, slippers, pants, skirt, vest, underwear, carrying bags, afghans, bedspreads, tablecloths, inset and collar lace, alter lace, filet crochet artwork ... just about anything we can imagine in our minds that a string can be twisted into.

It's an honor to participate in this lovely craft.

Emily