Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2

Post Thanks / Like

Hello from Florida!

Hello from beautiful, sunny, green Florida!

Hi, I'm Katie. I have just learned how to use this forum for the very first time since owning my computer! Kinda sad, I know, but I'm not much with computers.

I learned how to crochet over 30 years ago, but set it aside for a long time to pick up counted cross-stitch. About a year ago, someone gave me some unwanted yarn and I also found some at yard sales. I decided I was going to do something good with these finds and since that time, I have crocheted over 120 hats and scarves for the Bill Wilson Metro Ministries located in the ghetto of New York City.

I know that the people are poor there and the winters can be brutal. I could not bear to think of Bill's kids being unprotected from the cold when they load the buses to go to his church, not to mention school and other outdoor activities that children love to do.

I have never done any complicated patterns Well, I tried to and they were unwearable. To make it easy on the bucks and the work into the projects I create, I like to keep things fairly simple. I'm growing tired of the pattern I'm using so I am looking for something different and not too complicated. It uses up too much yarn. Also, I need some patterns for children in the older age groups such as ages 10-16.

If anyone can help, I would be thrilled to hear from you. In addition, if you have loads of smaller amounts of yarn that won't amount to much for you, I would love to have your yarn for this ministry. I can make some really nice designs and add embellishments to both hats and scarves. I have spent $100's of dollars myself and I find it hard if not impossible to find yarn at thrift shops, etc.

It's my pleasure to be introduced to all of you and my wish is for you to have a most blessed day. Blessed, it means to be happy. Amen. We all long to be happy.

Katie

2. Likes GrammaJoe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello from Europe. I am Larisa darling doily maker
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the hello

Hello, thanks for the shout. That is a beautiful doily. I would love to explore this facet of crocheting. I do have some patterns that I keep around in the "someday" folder.

Katie

Post Thanks / Like
    Howdie, welcome and happy crocheting....

Post Thanks / Like
    I like to make filet these days
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Hmmm didn't go through? Trying again, howdie, welcome and happy crocheting...see you're not the only one who's not much w/ computers...lol

8. Likes skipandkatie liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Katie, welcome to the forums!

Post Thanks / Like
    Anaisa, your doily work is also very beautiful. Larisa has a gorgeous filet picture. I hope I can learn to do this one day.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Welcome to the online crochet community! We are pleased you are here with us! We are a wonderful group of people who love to crochet.

We do have alot of kids patterns listed on site in the forums as well as the Fashion First group. Click community above, then groups. You will see a list there. Choose Fashion First to join and take a look at the resources. Let us know if you need more help. Thanks!