Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3

Thread: I'm new here!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile I'm new here!

Hello All........I'm new to this site and already wishing I had come across it much sooner.
    It's wonderful to communicate with others with same and similar interests, and compare note, so to speak! I'm in my sixties, have worked most of my life and am doing things I have always wished I had time to do......now I'm a caregiver for an invilad husband and have been a caregiver for my parents and a sister in-law for going on nine years.
    We have three sons, four granddaughters, two grandsons, three great-granddaughters and one great-grandson......many to sew and crochet for and search out crafts suited to their interests.
    In addition to loving my sewing machines (three and a serger...all spread out on two banquet tables for easy access), I enjoy crocheting and embroidery and will soon bestarting a project to learn knitting. I bake (from scratch) cakes and decorate them for many clients and am in the process of getting a new catering business started to cater to industrial clients and contractors for weeks and months and even several years at a time......in addition to a licensed commercial kitchen, I have two food trucks and a vvvvvvvvvvvvery large trailer with a full short order line and steam table line. What fun we make for ourselves!!

2. Likes Anaisa, Butterflyrose liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Howdie, welcome and happy crocheting.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome CakeLady, this is one of the best and most friendly group you will ever find.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome, you sound like a very busy lady to do so many hobbies and run your own business. I always wished I could decorate those beautiful cakes. We love to see pictures, and are looking forward to seeing yours. If you are looking for a special pattern, or have a question, jump right in and ask, someone will know the answer. Or if you just want to chat. Hugs, Kathy
    Have a Great Day !!! Kathy

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the Forum
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow! You sound like a very busy lady! We are delighted you came to join us here in the forums! Please let us know if we can be of any assistance and feel free to join right in here! We love to talk crochet as well as other things!

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow! I'm tired just reading all the things you do. Send some photos of any of your projects-I can always use the inspiration.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm new here!-welcometothegroupcats-jpg
    Whew, CakeLady! You are busy! Glad you could join!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello CakeLady,

We've conversed on another thread. Just discovered you here today! Welcome, welcome, welcome. I love your many projects and interests. I enjoy have multiple hobbies too! To top it off, you have your very own business! I love it! When you get a chance, please share some of your work with us.

'Til later,
    ~Beverly~

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome CakeLady4979!!! Holy Cow!!! You're one busy woman@@@!!!!! I've never heard of someone with so many food trucks, trailer and 3 sewing machines and a serger and you still have time to learn to knit and you crochet too!@ I'm going to call you the Wonder Woman of Georgia!!!! I wish I had your energy, what kind of vitamins do you take on a daily basis? Well I hope to meet you at our 2014 meeting in Tennessee.Once again, welcome Wonder Woman of Georgia!!!! If you have time, take pics of your crochet proejcts and share with us please!!!

12. Likes Kathy B. liked this post