Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  14
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    The picture that I'm using for this site is a picture of a number of prayer shawls that were prayed over at my church. As time goes by, and I get more familiar with this site, I will take pictures of what I'm working on. My shawls don't end up in pictures because I'm always working new patterns or a new pattern stitch and they go fast out of my hands. I give all my shawls away as I see a need. This Prayer Shawl Ministry has been such a bessing to me, the women who make shawls, and to the recipients of the shawls. I have a daughter-in-law who supplies yarn for us & we send shawls through her to our Veterans Hospital. They go to anyone in our congregation who is in need, in or out of the hospital. We have seen miracles happen!

2. Likes Landon, Trenarah liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, Kayemory, and Welcome!!

I am Landon, a newbie to crocheting.
    I am so happy to see you here!
    Do you have any pictures of your work?
    We get the biggest kick out of pictures around here!!

Happy Crafting,
    Landon

Post Thanks / Like
    Judy, glad to hear of someone else from or near the Cleveland area. I am in Cleveland. Believe me when I say that I don't mind writing with something interesting but I hope to NOT get addicted. If I'm here all the time then I can't be crocheting. I have a baby blanket I need to finish by the 20th - just in time for a baby shower.

5. Likes Landon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    And that is exactly what we encounter. I am a recovering alcoholic and I am here to tell you that the joy I receive from the friendships I am developing here and what I am learning every day about crocheting have brought me more enjoyment than any liquid or drug I ever indulged in in my 30+ years of drugging and drinking.

The work you do through your church is magnificent, I believe you that you see miracles. I am just getting my feet wet on crocheting and I am solidly getting into charity work myself. I have adopted a US Soldier, I sent him his first care package one week ago filled with helmet liners, candy and letters and notes from friends of mine here in my little town of Desloge, myself included. I will be making little baby caps for newborns for one of my local hospitals. And that work we do is a drop in the ocean of need that we see and know about. But what a beautiful blessing it is to all concerned.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, Landon! I also welcome you as a newbie to crocheting. I try not to take pictures of my work because I just feel that the ove comes from just making them and giving them away. I just went and took these 2 pictures. The blue and multi-colored one is the crocodile stitch triangular shawl that I ran out of yarn on and I'm still working on it. I now have enough to finish it. The maroon and teal colored one is the only shawl that I have saved for myself. Hope everyone likes these. Will show more as I go along.

Kay

Post Thanks / Like
    Kay, the pictures didn't come through. Just a thought, but if you go up towards the top of this page, you'll see the Crochet Talk Icon and under that you'll see Need Help? If you click on that, you'll go to a page that has several video tutorials about navigating this site. I think the 4th one down is on how to post pictures.

Post Thanks / Like
    Landon, the things we learn as we go through life. God bless you. I'm glad you have found new friends and enjoy crocheting. Yea, for what you are doing, also. At one time we were sending our shawls to Hospice Care that one of our Pastors was a part of. During that time I was asked if I could make little "onezies" for preemies who were born and died through Hospice. I made 20 tiny little onezies and, found that I couldn't do that again. The 20 were enough for a while but I asked the Pastor to not ask me that again. It was just too dificult.
    Landon, I see you are a "cat" person. So is my household. We have 2: Mookie and Tiger, both girls.
    Attached Images Attached Images Hello From Ohio!-dscf0546-jpg 

10. Likes Trenarah liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Kay from another Kay in Ohio! I am in Thornville about 35 miles East of Columbus.

Your shaws are beautiful!!

Kay

Post Thanks / Like
    From 1 Kay to Another, thank you. Will check out your paterns on etsy. Kay

Post Thanks / Like
    Kayemory, Your shawls are beautiful! You do such good work! Maybe I used the wrong word about being on the forums alot. I'll take the word addictive back and just say that you keep coming back to the forums again and again because everyone is so helpful and giving. Landon, you are incredible, and I truly mean that. Just you two alone have done so much giving. You ladies don't realize how many hearts you have eased. God love you. Judy