Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  25
Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last

Thread: Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    What instrument does MaryJane play? Isn't she in a concert group?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonnettina View Post
    These were my projects after being away from crochet since the 1970's. I'm happy to have the time to do this again.

Wow, Sonnettina, these are beautiful projects.
    Can't wait to see your new project finished. I am also waiting for pattern books to arrive. But they are not arriving until early February. Sad. I wanted to make one of the projects for work. But my holidays finish before then. I was a naughty girl though. I found an old pattern I have and started that. Ha ha. So naughty.

Post Thanks / Like
    Maryd, thank you for your kind words. I found so many great future projects for crocheted women's tops online that I don't know where to begin. I don't want to start any of the patterns that I printed out because I want to see the new book I ordered. So many choices, but I'm stuck until I get that book. Fortunately, I don't have as long of a wait as you do. I don't know if you saw my post on another board, but for now, this is the top that I most want to make. I'm sure I'll change my mind when I see the book, though.

Nah, you're not naughty. Old patterns are fun to re-visit!

Deep-V Flourish Sweater Jacket Crochet Pattern from Caron Yarn | FaveCrafts.com

4. Likes Maryd. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes Sonnettina, I did see that post. The vest is gorgeous. I am also waiting for vest patterns. I have 4 different books arriving (birthday presents ) two vest and top/jumper patterns and the other two books are on different types of stitches and so on. So am going to be very busy when they arrive.

6. Likes Sonnettina liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh my, that is beautiful! I hope you make it and tell me how hard it is. I love it but I'm not sure I can do it.

8. Likes Sonnettina liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    The hard part for both of us will be deciding what to work on first. Crocheted tops are big in the United States fashion designs for spring and summer, but the prices for them are outrageous--especially if we consider that half of a top is made up of holes. Haha. I'm hoping to cut the cost in half by making my own.

10. Likes Maryd. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    twinfaye, I'm not sure if I can do it, but I'm sure going to give it a try. It's such a classic feminine look. I think it would look great with anything from a long skirt to a pair of jeans. I'll definitely let you know how it works up after (or maybe I should say whenever) I start it.

Post Thanks / Like
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Maryd!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi and welcome! We all should try something new or encourage others to. Everyone here is very helpful and will help and encourage you to enjoy crochetin and other things like helpful friends.

Post Thanks / Like
    The hard part for both of us will be deciding what to work on first. Crocheted tops are big in the United States fashion designs for spring and summer, but the prices for them are outrageous--especially if we consider that half of a top is made up of holes. Haha. I'm hoping to cut the cost in half by making my own.
    True. Ha ha. I would like to design my own. I have designed one, using granny squares. Didn't get time today to get a photo. Will do tomorrow. And upload it here.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Maryd!
    Thanks kindly. My kids looked after me well.

15. Likes Sonnettina liked this post