Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    My husband always told the kids "mom is twiddling her fingers again" when I would start to crochet. He was so funny I miss him so much. He passed away in 1988 with melanoma. That is a terrible thing to have. I always told people I didn't lose him ..I know exactly where he is..with Jesus in Heaven. He was the one that showed me the way. Now my 3 sons also love the Lord and the youngest is the pastor at our church.

2. Likes Landon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Redhead, I am sorry for your...well, your missing your husband. Death is very sad, but having a hope is soothing to the heart...happy crocheting.

Post Thanks / Like
    Redhead, sorry to hear that about your hubby but I love your attitude about him.

Lesleyn, I can't help but wonder if a physical therapist would be helpful? I went looking for physical therapy and crochet and found a Dr whose last name was Crochet, LOL Sorry, I wish I could help you out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yikes! Have you considered working with the larger hook sizes such as L, M, P and Q? I've found that with those hooks I can hold them with a 'knife' hold and manage the fabrics with the left hand.

Because of the large size you don't have to worry about the small finicky work that's usually done by the other hand.

Or, maybe its time to learn to do some of the Tunisian type stitches where you pick up all the stitches on the hook and then work the row off?
    Crochetgal on Etsy - Beautiful yarns, affordable prices

6. Likes Landon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, Redhead, my husband always says I am twiddling. Of course, it also could be referred to as "controlled fidgeting."

Crochetgal, I am working with a K hook right now. Nothing fancy, a plain keyhole scarf made in half double crochet. i can kind of hold the work between the fingers on my left hand. So........ all is not lost, LOL