Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  34
Page 3 of 3 First 123

Jacksonville, Florida, but hate it. BAMA native
    Post Thanks / Like
    The by the pound option may be better, but still so expensive. I'm not sure 3 pounds would make a rug. If it is a matter of liking the way this company puts their colors together, (I think I saw you mention that) you can do that yourself. A fairly easy way would be, once you know your colorway or main color family, go into a fabric store or a quilt shop and look at the fat quarters they have grouped together. This is likely the same way the company does it. Or they have a Stylist who does it for them like the cloth company does with the fat quarters. Give it a try just looking at the groups of fat quarters. I'd bet you find groupings of them you like.

2. Likes Val liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    that is a good idea janie mae but I don't have time and if I did the cost for me to drive to a fabric store wouldn't be worth it so I just order online and I just don't want to do the cutting or ripping. Some day I hope to do one from scratch this away esp if I build a country porch. I still have my kits from them as I haven't made them into rug yets lol but have made many rugs using the crafters rug yarn which I really like how they turned out and feel on my feet.

4. Likes janie mae liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have made a few rag rugs. I used a cutting pad that quilters use to lay the matereal on for cutting, yard stick and one of those round cutting wheels. You can lay your folded materal on the mat ( be sure the materal is folded so you can get your long strips) and cut more than one strip at a time, just roll the wheel along the yardstick and it does the cutting. the cutting pad has lines on it, so with the yardstick you can be sure your cutting straight. And it will protect the table your cutting on. Its worth the investment if you cut your own materael. You may even find a pad at a garage sale if your lucky. The mat comes in all sizes..
    Last edited by Kathy B.; 11-25-2012 at 07:53 AM.
    Have a Great Day !!! Kathy

6. Likes janie mae liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've got the mat, the wheel etc I used it when I took a quilting class and didn't do it again. at least I got something done in the class. A local woman taught it at her house here in Town. I also cut out my squares for a bluejean quilt which I don't have sewn together yet. lol oh I am way behind or ahead depending how you look at it. Thanks for the tip on folding the material to get a long strip for rag rugs. I never thought of that. It would be fun to make a day of it.

8. Likes janie mae, Kathy B. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you all for your input and advice, sorry it's taken so long for me to get back to you, between working on my rug, learning how to post pictures and this time of year I hope today I will be able to post some pictures of my rug and some of my other work that I have done in the past.
    Cindy L.

10. Likes janie mae liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Cindy I love to do the rag rugs, they are so cozy. I make rag placemats but I have given them all away and I really wish I had some for myself. lol that is allways the way it is. I would love to see some of yours. I really find this kind of stuff fun.

12. Likes janie mae liked this post