Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  23
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

Thread: yarn storage

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Welcome to the group! It is nice to meet you! I am working on a storage system for my yarn. Since I started back to crocheting about 2 years ago. I have mine in tote bags and plastic sacks right now.

2. Likes janie mae liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have plastic totes that I keep yarn in and I have decrotive boxes that I keep my projects in. The boxes look nice to have near my chair and they are big enough to store yarn and the project I'm working on. The totes are clear and I need to lable them by yarn type...acrylic, wool, alpaca etc. I haven't had a problem with odor but if you are worried about it stick a dryer sheet in with the yarn then it won't smell like plastic.
    Barby Sue
    Be who you are and say what you mean

4. Likes janie mae liked this post

Jacksonville, Florida, but hate it. BAMA native
    Post Thanks / Like
    Barby,
    That dryer sheet is an excellent idea! Why didn't I think of that? LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    Actually, I use dryer sheets under my car seats to get that musty smell out from when you leave the windows down and you forget and it rains in...I febreeze the heck out of everything then stick a dryer sheet under my seats and it solves the problem. Well, at least until I forget and leave my window down again...

Quote Originally Posted by janie mae View Post
    Barby,
    That dryer sheet is an excellent idea! Why didn't I think of that? LOL
    Barby Sue
    Be who you are and say what you mean

7. Likes janie mae liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome! I store my yarns in totes and in those thick plastic zip up bags that quilts or comforters come in! whatever works for you try putting a cling free sheet in with your yarn if your worried about the plastic smell! GOOD LUCK AND WELCOME!

9. Likes janie mae liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Howdie and welcome....yeah Barbara beat me to it...I use dryer sheets too...but Jane mae I want a craft room! LOL I have mine under the bed and next to my chair...under the table...on the side of the table...need I say more...lol

11. Likes janie mae, Colesmom liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I met a lady who stores hers in the plastic stack drawers you buy at Walmart,etc. They are on wheels. I have 3 of them with sewing supplies. They are semi opaque.About 3 ft hi & 24 in across.I,m thinking of looking for some that are more than 3 drawers hi. which mine are.She separates her colors.Blues in 1 ,reds another,etc.. I just have to figure where I have room for more stacks.You can't stack these as they have wheels but hopefully someone will make them higher by 3 or 4 drawers.

13. Likes janie mae liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks - that sounds like something I was thinking of - think I'll wait till January sales - usually organization/storage items are on sale then -
    Last edited by Deb H.; 11-24-2012 at 04:04 PM. Reason: oops - typo

15. Likes janie mae liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL! I know I'm in the right place now! How to store all the yarn we are sure we're going to use...! LOL I'm with everybody else on this...plastic totes. I use Febreeze antimicrobial and dryer sheets to keep things fresh. Not too much, though, because I have allergies and need to be careful...just like with baby items.

17. Likes janie mae liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Vicky Lynn, who is that sweet baby in the picture? Is that you holding the baby?

19. Likes janie mae liked this post