Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Red face What does'first leg, second led and thirdleg ' mean in a pattern?

I have been crocheting for 60 years and never saw this term before. Any help would be appreciated.. It is in a hat pattern. Thanks from Arada

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, Arada,

Could you post the pattern for us to see it? I am thinking that would help us to get it figured out for you.

Happy Crafting,
    Landon

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, never heard the term but I bet it is another way to say crochet around the post or under. Someone who really knows help us out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Arada, is that hat done in a v stitch?

Post Thanks / Like
    here is a example of such of a pattern..

CrochetByKarin: Double Crochet V Stitch

Post Thanks / Like
    I looked at the pattern and I believe that the first leg is the first part of your V stitch and the second leg is the next stitch that completes your V stitch. What do you think?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, I think that when you make the v stich (wich I love) they do look like little legs. Don't you think so after seeing Val's site?

Post Thanks / Like
    I would have to agree that they are calling "Legs" the same as what is normally referred to as posts.
    Barby Sue
    Be who you are and say what you mean

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Thank you ladies!

I knew when I got in a corner with that hat pattern with 'the legs' that you all would rescue me! Thanks Val for the printed instructions, and yes, a picture IS worth a thousand words. It looks so simple. I also want to thank Grandma G, twinfaye, Landon, billiebob, and BarbySue for your help and input. I sound like I am getting an academy award! I shall resurrect that pattern and try again..Thanks All..Arada

Post Thanks / Like
    When I have problems with a pattern I try to take a good look at how the pattern is progressing and then if I still can't figure out the pattern I just wing it. Keep in mind to keep your stitch count that same as the pattern calls for. Remember all patterns aren't 100% correct. And sometimes you can make an adjustment and it turns out even nicer then the pattern.

Judi G