Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  7
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Hello from Lollywool

Hello Crochet lovers!

I'm Julia and I live in Dublin. I crochet from the age of 5- for more than 35 years)))
    My other passion in crafts is wet felting, and occasionally I can knit and sew. I like to combine several crafts in one project- though crochet is my favourite, as I find it most calming and meditating.
    For the last few years I was excited with creating a collection of Sea Shell Basket patterns that became quite popular.
    I would like to meet many new different people with one thing in common- love for crochet))), and that is why I’m here at Crochettalk)))

2. Likes Barbara G. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Julia,
    Welcome. What is wet felting? Is the sea shell basket patterns in crochet? Could you post some pictures?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Jean - Marie)
    The wet felting technique is a process of laying out combed or carded fibers of wool either in the ultimate shape for a seamless project or as a sheet of fabric later to be sewn into a garment. Felting is using hot water, soap and agitation to change the raw fibers into a fabric.
    This is my seamless flower meadow dressHello from Lollywool-lollywool1-jpg
    Last edited by Julia-LollyWool; 04-17-2019 at 05:19 AM.

5. Likes kl1000 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Julia-LollyWool View Post
    Hello Jean - Marie)
    The wet felting technique is a process of laying out combed or carded fibers of wool either in the ultimate shape for a seamless project or as a sheet of fabric later to be sewn into a garment. Felting is using hot water, soap and agitation to change the raw fibers into a fabric.
    This is my seamless flower meadow dressHello from Lollywool-lollywool1-jpg
    Hi Julia,
    I know what felting is but I didn't know what wet felting was. Very Nice Work Julia! Is that dress crocheted and then felted? Your crochet baskets are Very Nice!

Post Thanks / Like
    This dress is not crocheted. It is felted only))) Many people presume that felt - is when vowen or knitted fabric is washed in the machine at high temperature ( like a sweater that accidentally got shrunk)...which is true...))) But felters do not crochet in order to felt, as there is no need for that. I sometimes crochet on top of finished felt, usually for embellishment)))

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Julia-LollyWool View Post
    This dress is not crocheted. It is felted only))) Many people presume that felt - is when vowen or knitted fabric is washed in the machine at high temperature ( like a sweater that accidentally got shrunk)...which is true...))) But felters do not crochet in order to felt, as there is no need for that. I sometimes crochet on top of finished felt, usually for embellishment)))
    Hi Julia,
    How do you felt without crocheting or knitting?
    Last edited by Jean Marie; 04-19-2019 at 02:21 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I saw a film once where sheep herders brought their wool to be felted and it was done by men as it is hard on your hands.
    It was a long process to get to the point of having some fabric. Some of the first batches were made for Monks and their garment was very stiff and scratchy. We have come a long way from all that work (I think) you can let us know all about felting.
    I like your post they are very interesting.
    Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    The seamless flower meadow dress was done by felting?

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, Jean- Marie, the dress is made with wet felting and a flower in model's hair too))) I made the dress 2 years ago, it took me 2 days to make)))
    Last edited by Julia-LollyWool; 04-19-2019 at 03:19 PM. Reason: Error

Post Thanks / Like
    All these baskets are made with crochet. Hello from Lollywool-il_fullxfull-674038029_emvw-copy-jpgHello from Lollywool-ravelry__2__small2-jpgHello from Lollywool-download-jpg
    Last edited by Julia-LollyWool; 04-17-2019 at 05:17 AM.

13. Likes Barbara G., kl1000 liked this post