Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 5 First ... 2345 Last

Thread: chp

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi chp,
    Welcome.I've never tried selling online and it seems like there are somany crocheters already doing that I wonder if I could even compete. Any of you out there who do this already- would you mind looking at the picture I posted of the Halloween afghan in the pictures thread and telling me what you think something like that would bring? I'm just curious if it's even worth the time.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

hey there thresa i havent had much luck with selling either however it gives me an idea at what other peoplle are charging for thire projets.

Post Thanks / Like
    i need to ask a question. how can you tie on without having the knot show ? i tried to do it the way they tell me how by just interweaveing the change of color . it doest work because i have to take a granny square all apart because the weaving had all come undone and i had even finshed with the triming . The square was in the middle of the product . I wanted to set fire to the whole project ! Can anyone help me ? mona

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Mona
    Sorry to hear that, I find the same thing. What I do is tie a knot and cut it really short, which usually doesn't come apart. I know your message was a few days ago and maybe someone else has a better idea. Misty

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Chp - I'm not sure I understand your question about tying on. If you are actually tie it, it shouldn't come apart. When you tie on, leave a longish tail and work it in as you crochet your first row. The tiny know may still be visible but it is usually so small, no one notices the knot. When I change colors, I leave the old color tail laying along the edge of the work and I crochet with the new color over it. As for the starting tail of the new color, I actually it up along with the strand feeding from the skein and pull both strands through the stitch. I do this for a couple of stitches to make sure the tail is worked in pretty well. Then I snip off any leftover. Hope that helps.

Post Thanks / Like
    HI Theresa
    That sound like a great way to do it. I have done that in knitting as well. It works really well. Misty

My main home is in the UK but it happens that we travel to visit family
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Patti, and all of you, I also do not think I could sell on Etsy especially if the item was in great demand, with all I have to take care of at the moment, I would not be able to keep up and would be stuck! I admire crochetgal for all her beautiful projects.
    FairyNatB

Post Thanks / Like
    Mona, (and others),

Please don't just tie a knot when you join a different colour of yarn as its pretty much guaranteed to come apart very quickly.

Basically when you need to change colours (or start a new ball of yarn) work until you have 2 loops left on the hook. Then with the new yarn, finish off the stitch, leaving a long tail for each yarn. Once you have worked a few rows with the new yarn, you can then go back with your tapestry needle and weave in the ends of the yarns. This makes a much neater join and won't unravel.

Here's a great tutorial on the basics of changing colours
    Changing Colors or Joining New Yarn

and one specifically designed for granny squares
    Changing Colors or Joining New Yarn in Granny Squares

The majority of the Project Linus blankets that we reject are because the joins have all been knotted and are starting to come undone after just one washing.
    Crochetgal on Etsy - Beautiful yarns, affordable prices

Post Thanks / Like

Cool know knots

thanks crochetgal i will checke ti out .I was sure thats what i read but still didnt trust it anyway but now know that some used it and now i trust it works .Thanks for setting me stright . But what happens if its in the middle of the projet and not at the end of the project what do i do then?

Post Thanks / Like
    i went to the site and it ansered my question mona