Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 5 First 1234 ... Last

Thread: chp

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi
    I have sold other things pn Ebay but found the cost to high for small things. The price you list for doesn't affect the price they charge for the listing. Then there is value added tax. Misty

Post Thanks / Like
    Good to know Misty, thanks!
    I have been trying to figure out Ebay but have not yet. It says you can list up to 50 items free if you auction them. Is that not true?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi
    That might be right, but you still have the added value fee, after the auction. And to auction you usually start at a low price like
    .99 and if you only got a few bids, you would be giving it away. If you used auction and put a reserve price on it, you would still have to pay a listing fee and an added value. I think the allow two pics. free. Misty

Post Thanks / Like
    If you have a facebook account Yardsellr is another option to sell your crafts. There is no fee for listing and the fee for sales/purchase is passed on to the buyer, so you pay no fees on the selling end either. Also, you earn points called "photons" that translate to cash for listing/posting that you can use to shop on the site yourself or give as gifts to potential buyers to encourage their patronage of your site listings. If you'd rather have your own website, Jimdo.com offers free websites and shopping carts to sell your items online from your very own online store for free. Should you wish to upgrade, the cost is only $5.00 per month for your business/professional site. Check them out and see if they would work for you.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

thanks Neti thats the best news ive heard in all my years of crochetting . i hope i can do somethig for you soetimes. saits are plying but you just become mine. i was just telling mt daugther that i needed to start a mail order buiness . HE works in mysterious ways mona

Post Thanks / Like
    HI chp,

Some people have had success selling their work on eBay or through their own website.

Personally, I sell on Etsy.com at http://crochetgal.etsy.com and I love it! I've had my shop there for just over 3 years. Yes its a lot of work to get the photos and descriptions written but once they are done there is tremendous satisfaction.

I've also had quite a bit of success selling my work at the local art festivals and craft shows. I tend to stay away from flea markets as people there don't want to pay a reasonable price for work...they are looking for bargains.
    Crochetgal on Etsy - Beautiful yarns, affordable prices

Post Thanks / Like
    misty i sure am glad i came upon this chat . yall are very infomative . finally someone who can give feedback. this chat is awsome . i was so down on deciding to give up crochetting altogether . i know of another web site called etsay. mona

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

know it well. will try it . mona

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't think I have a vat tax in US. At least when I Googled it to find the ebay page that explained it only listed countries in the UK. Would a tax be added to the customer's priced just like our sales tax is? Like I say, I've been trying to figure Google out because I have several large items like a copier, paper folder, comb binding machine, etc. left over from closing my business that I want to sell but wanted to start small in order to figure ebay out before trying those. I've heard it's good to let a few things that you don't care a lot about to go for little or nothing in order to get your vendor score up. Do you think that's true?

Post Thanks / Like
    * only listed countries in the EU, I mean