Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    thanks to all who welcomed me.
    With yarn, I usually make lap afghans for a nursing home or hospice. I think I'll try the stuffed animals. I live in Florida and the homeless rarely need hats or scarves. I can donate the animals to a shelter for battered women. They sometimes "escape" in the middle of the night with their children and only the clothes on their backs. I think our sheriff's department also carries stuffed animals in their cars to soothe children involved in accidents, fires, etc. My latest crochet addiction is no. 10 thread. I'm always looking for something different to do with it. I've made some neat coasters, can/bottle cozies, and of course doilies.

Post Thanks / Like
    Poor dear. I think that people do not understand our need to have lots of choices available when we're looking for a new project. My husband does no more than roll his eyes anymore. Actually I like shopping on line. He isn't here when the postman comes, so he doesn't know what I'm getting. Hehehehe.......I ditto the could be going to the bar comment! Or could run off with somebody else. Don't know if that would have the right effect on him. Seriously, as someone with health and mobility problems, I can't get out to shop as I would like to. I also have trouble sleeping. I've started many a new project in the middle of the night. There are a lot of cute patterns using small amounts of yarn out there. I know there are lots of books with patterns. Try your local library if you don't want to buy. If they don't have one you've seen online to buy, they may be able to get it for you through interlibrary loan. I just Yahooed-"free crochet pattern using stash yarn" and there were lots of sites. Good luck and let us know if you've found anything cool.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'll drink to that :-)

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh Carolyn, it's nice to know that someone else gets up in the middle of the night and crochets :-)
    Oh yes, love the on-line ordering. Hubby retired now and for some reason has taken an interest in going to the mailbox. :-(

Post Thanks / Like
    Also stuffed animals for the children in hospitals would like them.