Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  2
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Question Hi, thanks for welcoming me to your forum

I learned to crochet from my grandma when I was only 5. Simple things of course. I crocheted through my teens then college, marriage, kids took al my time. Picking it up again many years later. I searched this site out because I have a question. I’m working with a 100% Polyester Chenille yarn. The yarn is the same brand and style but the colored yarn is thicker and makes my rows longer than the white yarn. Is this common or is there something wrong with the yarn. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Deb,
    Welcome. What are you crocheting?

3. Thanks DebR thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    A baby blanket. Using the Tunisian full stitch. I did 18 rows in white then added 9 rows of blue and the started with the white again and the blue rows were much longer.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Deb,
    Are you crocheting the same amount of stitches on the white rows and the blue rows?

https://www.google.com/search?q=chan...&bih=654&dpr=1

https://www.google.com/search?q=chan...w=1366&bih=654
    Last edited by Jean Marie; 03-06-2019 at 09:39 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi DebR. Some yarns that are the same brand are thicker. Also as you crochet your tension can change between rows. The say you should check the number of stitches and your tension after each row. If the blue row is longer and your tension is the same you may need to go down a hook size for the blue row to make the rows even.

Hope this helps,
    Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Jean Marie, I watched this video on Tunisian crochet and it looks like she inserted her hook all the way through the stitch to pull up a loop and not just the front loop like most Tunisian crochets videos I have watched. Is that a different way of doing Tunisian stitches?

I am not a fan of bringing the different color across the back unless you can hide it on top of the lighter color. Bringing another color along the row uses a lot of yarn too. I have seen other videos on Tunisian crochet where they change with 3 colors and they make separate balls of that color and lay them out for when you have to change colors. I prefer doing it that way how would you do it?

Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes 60 stitches each. Skip the first stitch on row one crochet the last stitch on row one. Crochet the first stitch on row two but skip the last stitch on row two.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, when I do the full stitch I insert my hook all the way through and draw up a stitch, in between the bars. I also use the balls and change colors. The only time I draw it up through is if I can hide it and only do 3 or less rows of one color before switching colors.
    Last edited by DebR; 03-07-2019 at 10:43 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I never thought of going down a hook size, thanks for the idea.