Hey everyone! I'm Kai. I started crocheting almost the same age as Therese - which was around 10 years old. I think I was in elementary grade 4 at that time. It was a hand towel project where I had to crochet the "handle" of the hand towel. LOL. But it perked my interest ever since then. From that simple project in grade school, I started to do more complex projects in high school. I even joined national competitions when I was young (more than 10+ years ago.. haha!) and won. I have my teacher and mentor to thank for my crocheting skills.

Now that I'm a teacher myself, I want to pass on the love of crocheting and other needle and thread crafts to my students. Sadly the advent of technology throughout the years has slowly killed this craft in my country. People here have labeled "crocheting" as an old maid's activity. (which I cannot really refute absolutely coz errr.. >> I'm still single and well my high school students think I'm that OLD to be considered as one.. gah!) I want to prove to my students that crocheting can be hip, cool, and modern! I've been seeing some cool crocheted accessories which has piqued my interest. I'm planning to learn to do that soon.

I'm in no way means an expert. I haven't done serious crocheting for years. I'm currently doing "beret" projects as we speak but its taking me years to finish (internet, droid phones, and real life stuff can indeed be quite distracting!). Most of the stuff that I make I either end up giving it away as gifts or something that I randomly sell to someone who really really likes it. I hope that by joining this forum that I will be able to meet new people whom I can interact with and share ideas as well coz I believe in the saying that there is always room for improvement. Please feel free to chat and talk with me! I'd love to hear from you guys.