Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Theresa L View Post
    Welcome aboard! I am enjoying getting to know everyone on this board. It seems the hand crafts are a dying thing. I know very few young people who want to learn these skills. Perhaps we can encourage others to try it and they will come to love it as we have.
    Hi dear! Me too, its fun to be part of a forum that is just starting. It will be so much cooler when we have more people here. Anyway, I know right! Young people nowadays are too engrossed with technology. And I'm just glad that somehow in my own lil way, I was able to pass on the legacy, the love, and the passion that I have for needles and thread - especially crochet to my students. As of now I have six under me whom I have trained in either crochet, cross-stitch, knitting, afghans, and embroidery. They each know at least one of these crafts. Some know more than that. I hope that I will be able to stir up the interest of others by showing how fun, cool, and modern can crochet or knitting can be.
    Last edited by kaisensei; 09-22-2011 at 11:06 AM. Reason: I forgot to add the quote

2. Likes Misty liked this post