Hello,

I have been meaning to learn to crochet for a long time, especially after getting back into knitting and gaining some confidence trying out lots of different stitches and patterns. I have a few guide books and crochet hooks but I haven't done much yet. However I have one strong ambition or dream I wish to accomplish through crochet.

I am determined to learn, in particular to make an angel ornament like the one I hang on our Christmas tree every year. I was given it by a student in a school I worked in a few years ago. Her grandmother in Hungary knitted one for all her teachers. I absolutely adore it and this year I am starting out on my mission to make my own. One day I would love to give them to my childrens' teachers as gifts.

I have actually identified a guide to making the angel online. However, it's in Hungarian and I don't speak any Hungarian. I have tried with Google translate which has told me the needle and thread used, as well as how to make the head (I haven't tried yet but I'm hoping it will make sense once I start looking up the technique on youtube). The rest of the pattern is the tricky bit and it is all handwritten in Hungarian. There are drawings with it but I am e.g. to understand all of that.

Can anybody understand it or give me and clues to accomplishing my little Dream? There are guides online and YouTube to make other angels but my heart is set on this one!

Here is the blog post; I have checked the rules and I think (and hope) it's ok to post a link:

Fonalvarázs: 3D-s angyalka leírása

All the best from Ireland. Ps I don't mind if you think I'm crazy to be looking at this project so early on in my crocheting career!